To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

In Peru... Finally!

Thammy

The enter button doesnt work and neither does the apostrophe but its all good. Im in Peru!!!!!!!!! Dont get worried or freak out or anything, but I really didnt have the flight of my life. I puked 7 times yesterday hahahahaha. I ate once and I couldnt hold it down. I really wish I would have been smart enough to put the dramamine in my carry on. We had twenty minutes in the Georgia airport to get on the next plane so I didnt have any time to call you or find any dramamine. I have been motion sick all of today too. Its been extremely rough to concentrate, but Im sure I will get better and all will be well. I met my companion today. I dont remember his name because its spanish, but he speaks about as much spanish as I do english so its really fun to talk and laugh at eachother.
I hope I never have to ride another plane again, but if I do I will get some dramamine in me. So far, my experience has been kinda bad, but Im really trying to have a good attitude. I woke up this morning, looked out my window, and just started laughing. The CCM is like a little oasis. It is clean and beautiful here, but outside the gates is just scary. The buildings are run down and everything is foggy and moist and noisy and spanish. I think I will come to love it here. The entire nothern mission (only four of 150 in the CCM are going there) is jungle. There are no major cities, and in an area bigger than Utah, there are less than 5 stakes. Time to get to work!!!!!!!!!! For some reason, the enter button worked once, but only once haha. I just had my first meal here, we had rice and unidentifiable meat and something else that a local couldnt explain and chunky chunky juice and "pito pan" which is just a hilarious little piece of bread. Apparently mail is going to take a while to get to you all so sorry If you dont get any written letters for a while. Ive had four hours of sleep in the last 30 hours or so and Ive eaten one meal so I need to go take a nap before my system just stops trying to keep me alive haha. Its really not that bad. Everything is fine mom. its funny, all the paper is wet because of the humidity. I love you all. I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see what they whip up for thanksgiving dinner hahahaha. Elder Emett p.s. my old district is here and its so cool to see them again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment