Don't expect an e-mail every thursday, but you get one today. First off, M. Russel Ballard came and talked to us tuesday. Our third apostle in 3 weeks. That never happens here. All the talks have been so amazing! Second, I know why I didn't get my visa to peru......... The Peruvian Ambassador is in Utah. He is taking a tour of northern Utah with the governor. He gets to choose whatever he wants to do here, whatever he wants to do. This is THE guy. The "one phone call and every visa to Peru is automatically cleared" Ambassador. Huge deal. He decided he wants to come and visit the missionaries at the MTC, but he doesn't want to visit all the missionaries. He wants to visit the missionaries going to Peru. That includes eight missionaries, one being me. He will be coming into my very own classroom I spend eleven hours a day in and watching us learn about spanish and Peru. We are to greet him in spanish, then ask some questions about Peru. We have been practicing what to say ever since we found this out yesterday. He will be here at 2 today, but that's not even the most amazing part of the story. Right after he meets with us, he will be meeting with the First Presidency of our church. He will sit in a room with Thomas S. Monson and talk to him. Obviously his meeting with the missionaries will be brought up and obviously we need to put on a good impression for him. I don't know how or why, but we have been chosen to represent 53,000 missionaries worldwide. We have been praying constantly to have the spirit with us and put on a good impression for the Peruvian Ambassador. Please pray for us. We need all the help we can get.
And last, tell Scoots happy birthday!!!!!!! I have been learning about baptism almost non-stop for the past three weeks and I wish I could go to his baptism, but it's ok. I'm where I need to be. Let him know his brother loves him and that baptism is the right thing to do. I know I didn't understand the covenant and promises that go with baptism, but I hope you can all help Scoot to realize some of those things.
I'm so nervous right now, but I know that all will go well. Tell the family I love them and I will be in Peru shortly.
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment