Thammy
The meeting with the Ambassador went GREAT! He came and stood in our classroom with his wife, two other official dudes with him, a tour-guide with the MTC, and two of the Governor's personal body guards. It was a little intimidating at first, but he was such a nice guy! He came in and, in Spanish, talked a little bit about how much he loves visiting the missionaries and the certain fire and glow about them. This guy isn't LDS. He looked right at me and asked me how many weeks I'd been here (I was standing right next to him so he kinda directed all his general questions to me) and how much experience I had in spanish. I hacked the language like it never deserved to be hacked trying to answer him, but I think I got my point across. As he talked with us, he kept pausing and commenting on how he could just feel something about us. He asked me why I gave up two years of my life when I could be going to school or starting a family, to go to some country I had never been to and serve the people. They asked us not to preach to him so I did the next best thing! I shared my testimony of living the gospel and how it changes lives and the desire I had to share that with the Peruvian people. The spirit in the room was so strong. Two natives from Peru were there and one of them shared their testimony with him, it was really neat. He told us it surprised him to see 19 year old kids that were focused and sure about what they wanted to do with their lives. After our testimonies, he told us that we had "true conviction" and that we knew what we were saying is true. It was a neat experience to watch the Holy Ghost work right before my eyes. After the meeting was done, we all went out into the hallway and got a big group picture. The guy from the MTC taking the picture told us it would go in the New Era! I'm not sure how valid that is, but look for it just in case!!!! The whole experience went great, he told us he would fix the visa problem, though we are yet to receive any word on our visas still. Thank you so much for all your prayers! After he left, the natives of Peru came and talked to us about what Peru is like. The Hermana from the north told me that in the village she is from they live in tents and cook over open fires. They eat ants, worms, and crocodile....yeah, crocodile. They raise them as pets there. They are right next to the Amazon which is filled with pirhanas and she told me not to go in the water if I'm bleeding hahaha.
Everything is going great. It's just Elder Telaroli and I left from my district. He is a really good guy. He played football in high school and he is a monster. He doesn't scare me tho cuz we are best pals. He looks out for me. No se who all the other missionaries were in the room, except for Jarren Harris. Me and him are good friends now. I hope everything at home is going well, it sure sounds like it is. Tell Scoot congrats on the baptism. I love you all, thanks for all the letters. I have no idea how long I'm here for, but I will most likely get to call you when I get my travel plans, and don't worry I'm not breaking any rules by calling you or emailing you. I have to get all kinds of special permission haha.
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment