Hey there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I
am in Lima!!!!!!!!!!! I am very close to where I started the mission. I
actually saw the bishop from my first ward just the other day! Great
guy! He said I´ve gotten a lot skinnier hahaha, I´m pretty sure I have
just gained tons and tons of weight. I´m in a zone called Carabayllo. My
companion´s name is Elder Vasquez. He is from Guatemala and he has 15
months in the mission. If I could use one word to describe my companion
it would be pest. He´s just a little stinker. Noboby in the zone really
likes him and that puts a lot of pressure on me to help unite the zone
because everybody likes me. I already know almost every Elder in my zone
(one of them is Elder Castillo - my companion in Yurimaguas, and
another one is Elder Walker - the elder who lived with me for 6 months
in Iquitos). So I have been trying to help the zone get along a little
bit better, but it has not been very easy. This is the richest place (by
far) that I served in during my whole mission! Everyone has so so so
much money! It´s blowing my mind!!!! These houses are just all so big
and made of concrete and they have tile floors and couches and TVs. I am
honestly so intimidated by all these people haha. This has been the
hardest change that I have had in the entire mission. I was so used to
my last area. I was so used to the people, the food, the heat, the
elders in my zone, and everything! But everything here is 100%
different. I am over 700 miles away from my last area and EVERYTHING has
changed. I´ve just felt like crying a few times, but I´ve been able to
hold it in until night time. I have been praying very very very
fervently so that God will help me and it has been working miracles. I
got here on Tuesday and the whole mix of everything just gave me a
headache and I REALLY didn´t want to be here, but I am doing much
better now. I had some hard changes when I was training the missionary
from Ecuador, Elder Galarza, and it helped me grow so much. I guess I
was just kinda ¨smooth sailing¨ in Iquitos, but now I have to really dig
down and bring myself to a new level emotionally and spiritually to be
able to adapt to all these changes.
That´s super sad about what happed to Recucca.
Stitches are no fun!!!! Tell Kjirsten and Bay-bay HAPPY
BIRHTDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
I have 10 weeks left in the mission and I am just trying to give it my
all so that I can go home happy and know that I did my best. I also feel
like I am at my best right now. I am working very very hard and I am
enjoying it a lot!!!!! We baptized a family on saturday and we will
baptize another one this saturday!! I am glad the missionaries who were
here before were working so hard and I plan on working even harder to
leave this area and this zone much better than I found it! I talked to a
new missionary the other day and he asked me how much time I had in the
mission. I stopped and thought about it for a minute then started
counting in my head from October 2010 until now. ¨21 and a half months¨ I
told him. Then he just looked at me with that look that can´t be
described, but doesn´t need words. And I couldn´t even believe it when I
heard it. I am going to see you all so soon. I am so excited but so so
so nervous at the same time. I can´t even imagine that day. I am just
going to keep working with everything I have and I will see ya when I
see ya!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Emett (El Limeño)
No comments:
Post a Comment