Happy Christians!!!! It was a pretty good week! The trip to Lima
was good as usual (hahahaha it was my very last one!! what fun!).
Everything is going just fantastic here in Iquitos, Peru. It´s just
blazing hot or it´s raining. nothing else.... ever. It has mostly
rained a lot this week haha. On monday night, I left with my companion
as usual to start our proselyting. We had a few lessons to teach haha
and right as we were saying the prayer to leave the house we heard a
few drops hit the metal roof... then a few more... then a few more...
then we finished the prayer... then we looked at eachother... then we
heard a big BOOM! And the rain came pouring down like crazy
hahaha!!!!!!! We both just looked at eachother with a huge smile, then
went sprinting out into the rain and mud to find a mototaxi. Hahahaha
it was so much fun! We got SOAKED! But then we started teaching and we
got all dry. What a fun day! You asked me if there is a Mcdonald´s in
Iquitos... I will answer your question with this:
hahahahahahahahahahaha. Not much is new with me. I realized that I
only have 3 months left out here and now I just feel rushed to get as
much as I can done (not that I wasn´t working, but I just feel like
doing more now). I am still WHAY happy and WHAY healthy (except for
all the parasites and bug bites.....that rymed haha). The next
transfers are in 2 weeks!!! I am going to be leaving my area! I don´t
know if I will leave Iquitos, but I think I will. I have been in the
same ward/area for over 8 months!!!! Since November 2011!!!!! That is
a really really really long time haha. I know everybody and they all
love me! It will really not be easy to leave. But the thing is I have
2 changes left after this one. Every change is a 6 week period. All of
the new missionaries coming in are with their trainers for 12 weeks so
President Blunck wants me to train a new guy!!!!!!!!!! It´s going to
be so much fun!!!!!! I really am so so so excited! So I will be
leaving my area on the 24th of July. Wow. I can´t believe its already
July. How long have I been in Peru for anyways??????????
Ok, I have a few people I need to publically thank for sending me
TONS OF LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1. Dad 2. Jessica 3. Hannah
Andersen 4. Max 5. Riley 6. Becca 7. Grandma
Sandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My companion was SO SO SO HAPPY when he
got that backpack!!!!!!!!! Could you please tell grandma Sandra that
she totally made my day, my companion´s day, and that I love her! What
a nice thing to do. Now my companion and I walk around in style
hahaha. Dad asked me a hilarous question in one of the letters he
wrote me. He asked my what I want to be when I grow up!!! Well, dad, I
have your answer. I thought about it for about 2 days and I tried my
best to think about what I could possibly do to keep me as happy as I
have been on the mission my whole life and I got it! I want to be a
home teacher when I grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plan on making very much money, but I´m ok with that! Are there
inactive people in the ward? Are there families who still have not
been baptized???? I would just love to home teach them hahaha.
So I talked to Sister Blunck about the whole BYU Idaho thing and
she doesn´t see a possible way I could get in without having taken the
ACT (I guess that´s important idk) and we both came up with the
solution! I am just going to study at Dixie, then maybe when I grow up
I can move away from St. George. Don´t get me wrong, I love St.
George, but I don´t know how I´m supposed to survive without drinking
fresh coconut milk so I think I will be going to either Jamaica or
Hawaii to raise my family hahahaha.
Ok, well I already wrote way too much! I love you all! See you
tomorrow!!!!!
Elder Emett de la selva
No comments:
Post a Comment