Thahahammy
Yes. We are getting close to 8 months now. Pretty crazy, no???? Everything is going good in Peru. I never want to leave this area or this companion (Elder Castillo from Chile), and yes, we are rescuing all of our lost brethren. We are all so stoked. Im glad to hear you are taking your calling in the ward so seriously. Things like that change lives. You and I are doing the exact same work right now and it feels so good to play for the winning team. My companion and I are having tons of fun and lots of success right now. We have had 5 baptisms here in Yurimaguas (including one family!) and we are still finding all kinds of new people to teach. Im enjoying my mission to the fullest, and as a result, the time is just flying by. In exactly one week I complete 8 months in the mission. Thats just so crazy to me. I feel like I have been away for like 3 weeks.
I have a couple of favors to ask you. I brought my patriarchal blessing with me, but I left it in Lima and I wont be going to Lima again for quite a while. Is there any chance you can all find my copy at the house and send me a copy of it? That would be choice. And also a copy of my mission call? I want to read all that stuff again, but I just dont have any of it, so if it would be possible to send, that would be the greatest. And also a pair of shorts would be amazing. I ditched my other ones in the mtc cuz they were too big and I bought some here, but I just tore them in the crotch zone so I need some new ones and I havent any money. So if it is possible, some shorts would be amazing, or I will just steal some from Elder Anderson when he goes home haha. Other favor- could you ask matt and josh to give me just a brief summary of their missions or like an experience they had or something? I would thouroughly enjoy reading about their missions.
Mom. You are the absolute greatest. Thank you for supporting me so much. Dad. You, also, are the greatest. Thanks for all the letters and the pictures, they help me remember what a good, happy family we have and I am just so happy to be a part of our family. Thank you both so much for everything! All your emails, all your help with my knee surgery and your examples that helped me to gain my own testimony of the restored gospel. I love this church so much. I hope I can always serve in the church and help change peoples lives like you do and have a big happy family like we have. My patriarchal blessing tells me that my mission will be a big turning point in my life and I am beginning to watch that unfold. Life is so good.
We got kinda upset yesterday because we had 3 investigators tell us basically that they dont want us to come back to teach them anymore. It was so sad to hear and we felt so bad for them. I was reading in Alma chapter 8 this morning when he had an experience similar to mine. He went into the city of Ammoniah teach the people and they all just rejected him so he left and when he was leaving an angel appeared to him. The angel basically tells him that there is NOTHING TO BE SAD ABOUT! He tells him to go back to the city and everything is going to work out. My favorite thing the angel tells Alma is that he doesnt have anything to worry about and nothing to be sad about because he has kept the commandments of the Lord. Mom, I know that if we keep the commandments of the Lord, we have nothing to worry about. Nothing can ever stand in our way, and there will never be anything to get discouraged about. Im just so stoked to be a missionary haha. I love you all.
Love Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment