To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Kolby loves his companion!

Heyhey Tchihiiithamssies. Thammy.
What up in Amurrica!!!!!!????? G-Maguas is still bumpin. Wow. Thank you so much for all your emails and love, it makes life so good to know that you are all doing well. Haha I´m so stoked to hear that Ben totes made it out of high school. Keep him stoked about the mission and life in general. Man,I´m just so happy that everything is going so well there. I never forget to pray for you guys and I know you are praying for me too.
Peru. Lima- Just not the states, but it´s the rich part of Peru. Everybody has a lot to eat and some people actually have quite a bit. I never saw a house like ours and carpet does not exist, but nothing is just awful (except for the hills).
Yurimaguas- There are houses here that are pretty nice. They have a couch and a tv and tile floors, but that is extremely rare. The normal house here is probably kinda what you imagine. Just some walls thrown together and a roof made of palm tree leaves and always always a dirt floor. Most of the people here have enough to eat, but they don´t eat very much. But there are all kinds of wild fruits growing so nobody just goes without. Nobody really has money here. The average wage here (for a 12-hour work day) is like 10 soles if they have a good job. That´s just more than $3. There really isn´t any money flowing around here, but everybody gets their stuff figured out just fine. To earn money they work construction, sell food, hunt armadillos (that´s real), fish, drive ¨mototaxis¨ (I will have to explain that one some day), and work in random stores.
Haha Paco is in the MTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That´s so chill. I loved the MTC, but the mission is so much cooler! Tell his family I love them a whole bunch and not to worry even a little bit, Paco is having the time of his life and he will be an absolutely AMAZING missionary because that´s just the kind of person he is.
Mail situations- 1. Mail arriving here: All the mail you ever ever send to me on my mission will go to the same exact address in Lima always always always. Every single month, our zone leaders (Elder Anderson and his companion Elder Tax) go to Lima for a conference and they get the mail and things and bring it back with them when they come back to Yurimaguas. So we receive mail every single month, and YES!! Last month I got tons of stuff from you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have the absolute best family in the world and it makes me feel so good to be able to share all that cool stuff with my companions. Thank you.
2. Sending mail out: Yes, I can send mail out, but I have no idea how long it takes or if it even works hahaha. The search continues.
3. The emails I sent for Jessica: I really think you can just forward the emails to her without any problem, or you can just print them off and text her and make her go over and get them haha. But you can just send them right to her email haha - jessie_ann6@hotmail.com Just send it to that email address and it should get to her just fine. I hope.
COOLEST THING EVER!!!!! So we totally didn´t have breakfast this morning cuz we are in the process of changing pension and it´s just kind of a mess so we had to improv our breakfast so we all worked together and climbed up our coconut trees and had fresh coconut milk for breakfast hahaha. IT WAS SO COOL! Don´t worry mom, we have plenty plenty plenty to eat. We are just teenage boys and love to do cool stuff. Side note, coconut milk just isn´t what you imagine. Just ask josh or matt.
Changes. I am staying in Yurimaguas! With my same companion! Man, we are such good friends. I love him so much. He is 23 and really focused so he knows exactly what he is doing and he loves the mission just as much as I do. When he had three months in the mission, his sister died, and he had basically 3 options. 1. Go home. 2. Stay in the mission and be sad. 3. Stay in the mission and be stoked. He chose option 3. He just put all his faith and trust in the Lord and he truly is a man now. He is so focused and loving it just makes every moment with him amazing. We have tons of people we are teaching and when we aren´t teaching, we are always being funny and making every minute of the day count.
Mom, I have been thinking lately about how my relationship was with you and dad before the mission and I actually feel really bad. In August I won´t be a teenager anymore, and I promise when I get home, I won´t act like a teenager anymore. Being here has made me appreciate every last thing I have, especially you. I just want to hang out with you and dad and give you a hug and tell you I love you. I really do love you and dad and the whole family so much. Thank you for everything you did for me before the mission and all the support and love you are giving me now.
Elder Emett
P.s. this is the longest email ever. enjoy. i love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment