To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fireflies in Peru

HAHAHAHAHHEYYY FAMOLI!
I bet you guys are all in the car driving to Disneyland! Fun! Enjoy your time there! I have never met a Peruvian who has been to Disneyland so count your blessings and dont take one churro for granted. Well, knowing our family, I bet you guys are still at the house getting ready to go haha, but I hope you can enjoy my email and have a nice safe trip. It actually doesnt make me homesick to know you guys are going to Disneyland, haha. IM IN THE AMAZON RAINFOREST!!!!!!! Haha, Josh and Matt are right, I am having the time of my life. Which brings me to my next point. You guys know the Jungle Cruise ride in Disneyland???? The little hut place that you go into before you get on the ride is just what all the houses here are like!!! Some of them even have little rivers running underneath them. So just go on the jungle cruise ride and think about the cute little Peruvian homes.
So, dad has to give a report on my mission so far? Im sure he will do a great job. Just tell them that my companion is an awesome Chilean and I didnt know that weather could get this hot. I wont give you a number cuz thats lame, but yes, we are baptizing. And yes, I am slowly forgetting english. Yes, we have bread for sacrament and our building is just a small scale church building. We have anywhere from 50 to 90 people at church every week and yes, there are enough youth to make up the different classes and there are always classes. We teach english every tuesday night haha.
Coolest thing ever! We were in this little area last night and all the lights went out (that happens a lot here) so we could see all the stars and it was just fantastic. And I forgot to tell you all, but there are fireflies here!!!!! Yeah, they are as cool as they sound. We almost trapped one last night. Mom, dad, family, everyone else who reads this haha, I want you all to know that I am having the time of my life. I have been gone for 8 months and my life has already changed. I am so grateful for everthing i have, especially you guys. Mom, thank you so much for putting money in my account. We are not allowed to give people money for any reason at all, but it really helps so much to have money to help out other missionaries and be able to send letters and packages home and pay for all the Elders to eat out haha.
Let all my brothers know that they are my heroes and I cant wait to hear where Ben will be serving his mission. When does he send his papers in? Is Lincoln on his mission? Where is he at? I bet he is such a stud. Onesie garments- I dont even ever want to use them during the day, I just want to sleep in them, but if there arent any left I wont worry about it. Sorry this letter is so random haha, I just have tons of stuff to say and I dont know how to organize it all very well. Is Johny Esplin on his mission still? When does he finish? When does Marcus finish? I hope Elder Anderson never finishes, I just want him to stay here with me haha.
Im super stoked for all of you. Have a blast and a half in Disneyland and tell Ben if I were there we would totally own the whole park and talk to all the mexicans. I cant believe you all talked Jer into going with you. He is so fun. Tell Beckham and Scoots to have a blast and I miss them. I hope that email is big enough to enjoy for an entire week. Time is passing so fast. I love you all.
Love Elder Emett


No comments:

Post a Comment