To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, June 13, 2011

8 month mark

THAAHAHAMMMI

So just guess what?????????? I 100% completed 8 months in the
mission today! haha, I still have no time at all. I love it! I was
talking with Elder Castillo the other day and we are both going to
extend our missions for 6 months. He is such a good guy. I am
basically loving the mission, as usual, and looking forward to the day
and the week. President is coming into town again this weekend so we
are all pretty stoked.
Soooooo, two things. first of all. Did Josh serve as the
assistant in his mission or is that something that I made up?
And......... Do onesie garments really exist? I would honestly pay
like 10 soles for a pair of onesie garments. Other thing. Yes. send my
p-blessing and call letter in an email if thats possible. I would
thoroughly enjoy reading them.
Im pretty sure you asked me a whole bunch of questions and what
not, but I am whay too lazy to save this draft and then go find the
questions then answer them and so I will just have to answer all your
questions with ´yes´. Even if it doesnt apply. But you know I am
healthy and happy and that I am really enjoying my time here in the
mission. But yes, I do miss you all a whole bunch. I explained Emett
Family Fun Time to Elder Eric Ross Anderson and we both got way
stoked, so maybe you could all invite him to an Emett Family Fun Time
this summer and I will join you all in 24 months.
Mostly right now I am just stoked about this lady in our ward who
has the most specific calling possible. She has been called to store
the tablecloths in her house. Not wash them. To store them. I would
have loved to have been the bishop who extended the call to her. How
did he extend a call like that AND make this lady feel important? I
could only imagine that it went something like this:

Bishop: As you are fully aware, we are all very grateful for the
service you have done for the church all your life, but we have a
calling for you that might require a little bit of effort on your
part. In our church building right now, we have 4 custodial closets
and they are just packed full of tables and chairs and other supplies.
The real problem we have right now are these 10 giant tablecloths that
just dont have a place. Is there any chance that you will accept the
call to keep these tablecloths in your home?

I could never extend a call like that, I would be laughing way
too much. But Im sure this lady loves her call and she does it well.
Thank you for writing me so much, mom. It really means a lot to
me. The time I have had here in the mission has just helped me realize
what is important to me and that is you guys. Keep writing me and stay
stoked. I love you all.
P.s. Tell the girl who works at the counter at Brick Oven to totally
go for Ben or Scoots. They are way cuter than me.

Elder Kolby Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment