MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what day it is Sunday! Its Thammys day so I get to call home hahahahaha! Cool huh. But guess what else! I also get to call TODAY. Im not a hundred percent sure at what time, but it wont be long after you receive this email so be home please! I only get 3 minutes to just set everything up so dont even try to pass the phone around or ask me tons of questions, just accept the 3 minutes I will give you and wait patiently for sunday.
Thing 2. Dont even be scared thinking about the jungle. The houses are just more huttier and the food is more junglier and the people are more nicier and humblier and the roads are more sandier and the sky is more ranier and the weather is more humiditier and the sun is more burnier and the bugs are more everywhereierer, but other than that, its the same. Sometimes we drink juice that has more ants than juice, but Im sure your other two kids can tell you all about that. There really isnt a thing in the world to worry about. We have tons of investigators, I speak tons of spanish, Im losing all the nasty weight I gained in Lima because its impossible to stop sweating here and these people hardly eat anything haha, and there is just nothing to worry about. Just a cool new adventure.
Thing 3. I decided this week that when I get back me and you are going to hang out. I love my friends and everything, but when I get back I just wanna go on a date with my mom all day long. We can go shopping and go to lunch and do what you want to do, but I just want to hang out with you all day long. Im sorry I had to come all the way to Yurimaguas, Peru to realize how much fun you are, but we definitely have a date set in October of 2012 and you can help me get used to not mission life.
Thing 4. Everything sounds so exciting at home! Tell Ben congrats for all the success and for pounding dixie in the face and tell Coach and Kevin Steed and Kyle Kinman and the grandparents that I love them and I miss them. (and all my other best friends, but especially them). Also I would like to make it known that there is a place here to send postage out so if I have any time I will try to write something, but I doubt it.
Thing 5. Very very simple. My mission address WILL NOT change my entire mission. The address you all have is to the mission offices and all my mail for the entire mission regardless of my whereabouts, will go there. In Lima we receive mail every week. Here, we receive mail every month, but we DO receive it. Wow, what else. This is the hugest email ever. Tell zac to write me, I need to know more about that man.
Thing 6. Answer your questions. I love the jungle. Its jungly. Our house is like a normalish house with a tin roof but pretty nice walls and a really cementysandy floor and the coolest backyard ever with a huge mango tree, an avocado tree, a bunch of coconut trees and other fruits that have no name in english. We have running water AND electricity! what blessings. We still have a pension lady and we still eat lunch with the members. The bugs usually leave me alone cuz they can see the EMETT on my nametag. Im yet to see a snake. We are surrounded by three big rivers and we are in a small city place. On the other side of the river is the real jungle and there are monkeys and snakes and armadillos (I have seen those hahaha) and all kinds of goodies, but we stay in the city.
Thing 7. Ok, that Elder who said I always say Im stoked is Elder Anderson. He is my absolute hero. He was the Presidents Assistant when I entered in the field and we were immediate friends and now I am in the jungle with him and we all live in the same house! He is so so so cool! We always get way stoked together hahaha. His mom is on the missionary mom thing and she totally knows you! Its destiny that you have to be best friends with her!! She told Elder Anderson on his email that she will be in St. George sometime this week or something and you two are gonna go out for lunch so I hope she can find you and you can both talk about how cool the mission is and your kids who are best friends.
Thing 8. Summary. So basically I love you all a whole bunch and Im going to call you today and on sunday. And let it be known to all that my first date when I get home is with my mom. Im also going to attach an email here for Jessica. Thank you all for everything. Tell erbody hi for me!!!
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment