To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hilarious little jungle city that he calls home!

Dear Thchiptopss,
Don´t even worry your little heart away. I´m still in Peru. I´m just in this little place called Yurimaguas ( Joo- di- maw- gwuhs). Its a hilarious little jungle city just placed out in the middle of the jungle. There is this little place called Tarapoto which is kind of a city, I´m like six hours from there in this tincy little place. I had to ride alone in this car with 5 other Peruvians to get here haha, it was the most amazing car ride of my life. I have never seen so many trees and waterfalls and plants and rain clouds and flowers and wow. It just blew my mind and now I live in the middle of it. I´m just not even in the same mission anymore, I feel like I have just been camping for a week. It is beyond hot here and I thought it was humid in Lima... hahahaha. There are like two parts of this city. One part is like a little jungle city and the other part is just straight up village with little huts and sand roads and trees mercilessly growing in every square inch of the ground. I would love to take tons of photos, but I´m not going to lie. I have absolutely no time. None. We have to wash all our own clothes here by hand and there is just no time to do all that and all the missionary work and have time to do anything else... at all. I haven´t even written in my journal for like five days haha. We are really just in survival mode here, focusing everything on the work.
This is the situation. There are six missionaries here. Me and my companion, named Elder Castillo. He is from Chile and he rocks. He is smart and funny and we get along well. Another companionship with Elder Villegas and Elder Flores, from Bolivia and Arizona and they are hilarious. And two other missionaries. The branch president and his secretary. Elder Anderson and Elder Tax. Elder Anderson is the old assistant to the president and Elder Tax worked in the mission offices. Elder Anderson is abosutely my hero. He was the AP when I entered in the mission and we always joked around and now I am in his zone haha. They are both also the zone leaders here. So pretty much this is THE smallest zone in Peru haha. We don´t even have a ward, just a little branch and Anderson is the president. We totally own the place hahaha, it´s so cool!!!!!!! But the best part is that we all live together right next door to the church haha. It´s the sickest set up ever. Yurimaguas is like the Rotuma of the Fiji mission. Just ridiculously small, ridiculously beautiful, and everybody wants to come here. I couldn´t even believe it when they told me I was going to come here. I was happy enough with going to Tarapoto. So basically I´m beyond stoked and I´m sun burnt like crazy and I won´t be receiving any letters for a loooooooooooooong time, and I haven´t stopped sweating for one second since I arrived. We sleep with mosquito nets and nothing is ever clean. Anything. Ever. We still eat rice and chicken religiously, but now just with more fruit- Papaya, mango and banana.
I didn´t have any problems on the plane ride or the windy 5 hour car ride, surprisingly haha. The plane ride was only an hour and I was just too stoked to get sick. Yes, I know the Elder here from Snow Canyon. We always joke around about St. George, his name is Elder Smith, but I won´t be seeing him for a while. I cried three times when I left my old area, once with the bishop, once with the ward mission leader, and once with the Paucar family. It was tough to leave, and it´s tough to try to adapt to a totally different life, but I love it so much and I know that all my callings come directly from God. I love you all and I hope everything is well at the Emett house and with all the other family and friends up there. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about families and the blessings of the temple and I showed everyone the family picture and they all loved it haha, then we went to an investigators house after and asked her what her favorite part of church that day was and she said, ¨Elder Emett´s family!¨ hahaha. The church is so true.
P.S. I don´t have any time to write hand written letters sooooooooooo. yeah.
P.P.S. attached file for Jessica.
Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment