The Thammy Thams
You needn´t worry about me. Mission stuff gets hard at times, but I am the same old Kolby and I´m not letting things really bother me, just sometimes I don´t have a lot to write!!!!! But today I think I might have a lot to write especially to try and help you cuz you have to talk about being a mission mom haha. First things first, every six weeks in the mission we have a ¨change¨, so I have been in the mission field for six weeks and tomorrow I will be experiencing my first change that I figured out about saturday night. I will be staying in the same area and everthing, but my current companion, Elder Orellana, will be going to a different zone to serve as the zone leader there haha. I´m really sad about it. We both are. We get along so well and I know everything about his life and he knows everything about mine. We are just great pals and it is going to be really hard to just leave that behind, but I´m sure I will learn to love my new companion just fine. His name is Elder Huaman, prounounced ¨Wah-mahn¨ and nobody in my entire zone knows anything about him or has ever even seen him so this should be interesting.
There is still an obvious language barrier between me and the people so it is hard for me to teach because I´m never quite sure exactly what they are saying, but I really am being helped with it. I wrote dad about a pretty cool experience I had that he can share with you, but I´m sending that letter today so you won´t have it for a week, but I can tell you about another kinda cool one haha. The Spirit really is real. We can actually tune into it and it will talk to us. My companion and I were teaching this girl who´s parents don´t want anything to do with the church and won´t let her get baptized, but she has a testimony and wants to be baptized, sad no? Anyways, we were teaching her and I knew my companion was going to look at me to help him teach so I started listening to what the girl was saying really closely and getting a feel for what it would be that I needed to talk about and hardly a moment later, I knew exactly what it was that I needed to say to her, but I didn´t know how to explain it all in Spanish. About 3 seconds later, my companion went ahead and explained exactly what I was trying to figure out how to say. And this isn´t the only time that stuff like that has happened. I really am having an amazing time out here and I am learning a lot.
Thank you for all your support and all your stories and all your prayers. It all really helps so much. Don´t worry about me at all, we are fed well-too much actually, and I´m completely safe where I am. I want you to ask matt and josh how long it took them to actually feel like they could understand people and answer them back cuz I still feel like I know nothing! And I don´t want to be too far behind cuz I need to start learning how to help these people! I love you all, I´m glad to hear the family is doing good and I´m excited to meet Addie and Kjirsten´s future baby boy. Make sure Jake and Zac name it with a chick name. Tell everyone hi for me and tell Branson that we look the same, but he is more handsome-er. I will let you know next week what my new comanion is like. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment