Tchippy Tchoppy Tchammy
No, the whole house isn´t small like that, but it sure is Peruvian. That means the roof (in places) is made out of stuff they found and other places there just isn´t a roof and in other places there is a roof. Houses are just different here.....and I love it. Mmk, but for reals, Zac goes running with his girlfriend?? That would be so much not fun. I was reading the part of the email where he was laying on the sidewalk wailing in pain telling curious by-standers that his mom was coming to help him and I laughed way out loud. He´s such a big teddy bear. Wow, I just pulled a record-long hair out of my beard. I think I might be a grown-up when I get home, HOW BORING!! Wow, I´m so excited for this soccer season. I´m not going to do much on the field haha, but I didn´t do much last year either and I still loved it! So keep me updated and keep Ben healthy so he can tear his ACL and join the ¨Emett Family ACL Victims At The Most Inconvenient TIme¨ group with Josh and I.
P.S. I thing I look at the blog erweek and I´ve never seen one comment so either Perú version doesn´t have comments, or you´re making it up. No, transfers are not this week. The last day of this transfer is like March 8th I think and mostly likely I will stay right where I am so no worries! My companion is trunky. We went to the temple this last thursday and I saw one of the Elders from my first group in the MTC! So cool! We are such good pals. Also, I saw Grant Smith. He has been here a while longer than me, but he is from St. George, too! We know a lot of the same families and we always talk about Paco´s family and Laura´s family haha. We don´t really see the President and his wife a lot but we kinda do, but we kinda don´t. Kind of. Yeah the people are nice. We don´t really ask them to let us in to teach them, we just share a message really quick, bear testimony, and ask if we can come back and teach them with their whole family. People don´t really slam doors here. It might have something to do with the structural security of these homes, or the fact that they always just talk to us through a window, but yes, we do get rejected quite a bit and it´s usually hilarious. HAHAHAHA and no, I don´t use the dog zapper. There are about 10 dogs for every person here, but they are all sick, sad, and dying so they don´t have time to attack us. And I´ve already told you, we eat every part of the chicken. Just ask Josh, I´m sure it´s the same.
Ok, my week. We had our first baptism of the transfer. That was the quickest week of my life. I can almost understand what some of these people are saying. We found a lot of new people to teach. I drank some dirty peruvian water. It´s extremely hot. And I found my favorite family ever! The Paucar family ¨Pow-car¨. The parents are both members, married in the temple, the mom was a missionary, but they are inactive. Were inactive. We have been re-activating them and they are coming to church every week with the whole family! They have two daughters. Alisson and Fabiana. Alisson is 9 and the dad, Oscar, wants us to baptize her, so we have been teaching her and it has been so much fun! The family always gives us soda and crackers and cookies and they love me! They ask me about my family and Utah and what I´m gonna do after the mission and what I like to eat here haha. They have a picture of Joseph Smith in their house and they all think I look just like Joseph Smith, so last night we were at their house for Alisson´s birthday party and my companion asked who she wants to baptize her and she smiled big and pointed at me and her mom said, ¨Elder Joseph Smith!!!¨ Haha it was so funny. So this weekend I will get to do my first baptism, I´m way excited! I will take pictures. Oh, and today I am going to start putting together this package that I´m going to send to you. It will have some pictures, some letters, this big picture, and some Peru candy. But be patient cuz I don´t have a lot of free time to do stuff like that haha. I love you all. I hope this email answered some of your questions and is good enough until next week. I´m going to take like sixty bucks out today so don´t freak out when my card is missing like seventy bucks or whatever. Super Love! Tell all my friends Hi for me and tell Jessica to please super please hurry and send my iPod cuz I´m going insane without music!
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment