To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Erthing is good here!

Hahaha little innocent Chaddy Cakes is going to Guatemala? Isn´t Spilker in Guatemala? Does that mean he will learn spanish and he can teach it to me? That would be chill. Ok, this week is just great. Tons of tons and tons of different, but good. First off, my companion is Elder Huaman. He is from Puno, Peru which means he is from the Sierra, which means he is just over 5 feet tall, chubby, and extremely friendly. He showed me a picture of his house and his mom and the combination could just make front page on some Incan magazine. He started serving his mission in March of 2009. Yeah, this is his last transfer hahahahahahahahaha. He has been serving for 23 months! He´s so old! The first time I saw him was just so...weird. I felt like I had seen him and known him for my whole life. We teach a lot better together than Elder Orellana and I did, but we are still working on becoming best friends cuz he doesn´t know a lick of english haha. I really am having a good time with him, though. He is a good teacher and he is extremely extremely friendly and focused on the people. I feel like spanish is coming along alright. I don´t use any english during the day for any reason unless I´m singing in the shower in the morning, so my spanish is getting better really fast. I´m still having a hard time understanding exactly what people are saying to me, but that will come with time.
Ok, so food. I eat chicken and rice. Lots of rice. Sometimes we have spaghetti, but not like what you are used to. All they drink here is soda and fruit juice so I´m getting plenty of that. Oh, and we eat tons of mangoes and bananas. I bought six bananas for thirty centimos. That´s like ten cents hahaha. And please don´t be mad at me, but I can´t remember for the life of me what I ate before my mission. People always ask me and I have no idea what to tell them. All I can ever remember eating is rice. I remember flank steak and pastrami chicken and like rolls or something haha. Why can´t I remember!? You will have to remind me of that stuff cuz I´m kinda embarrassed!!!!
This one Elder from our group, Elder Harris (you know his mom) got shipped off to the forest hahahahahaha. Lucky little stinker. Everyone I have talked to who has had time in the jungle says it´s the best. The people there are more friendly, there is tons of rain, nobody has any money, the whole place is stacked with fruit trees and there are these zoos all over the place with huge turtles and crocodiles and monkeys and all the other weird animals of the jungle. Probably probably probably I will go to the jungle in the next change or the one after that. So I will have some way way cooler stories in just a couple months. The area I´m in is pretty chill. Our ward is called Payet. ¨Pie-yet¨. All the people in the ward are really really nice and helpful and I really am just having a good time. We have lots of investigators right now and tons of work to do so I´m just staying nice and busy and happy as ever! I´m stoked to hear that all the cute boys are getting mission calls and getting ready to join the force. Haha I will have been out for 7 months when silly little paco enters the MTC.
Everybody thinks that my companion is ¨trunky¨ cuz he only has 5 weeks left on the mission, but he is ready to work and he wants to finish strong and we are doing good. He always gets up late, but there isn´t much I can do about that. Haha and peruvians don´t have any sense of time. There are 3 times of the day here, mañana, tarde, and noche. Morning, afternoon, and night. So we are always late to every appointment that we set, but nobody ever notices haha cuz they just don´t care here. I am developing a terrible habbit. Haha, is that how you spell habbit? It looks like rabbit.
Erthing is good here. We get way too much to eat and we aren´t in any kind or form of danger. I´m glad Josh didn´t feel comfortable with the language until 22 months into his mission, that makes me feel good. But we all know Josh is a humble genius and he was speaking flawlessly in 5 months, so I will just keep trying my best. I love you all, I pray for you all the time, I hope ben doesn´t tear his ACL, and I hope the Emett house doesn´t miss me too much. This time is just so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment