MMMMMMMMAmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Before I comment on what you wrote to me I have 6 or 4 requests. COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME MY LITTLE BROTHER´S LETTERS SO THAT I CAN READ THEM TOO!?? ¿ME PUEDE MANDAR LAS CARTAS DE MI HERMANITO PARA QUE YO LAS LEA TAMBIÉN? I put it in English and Spanish just in case you could understand one or the other better. That is my only request.
So I was totally in the Lima airport on my way back to Iquitos and this white guy saw us and said, ¨Elders!!¨ So we stopped to talk with him for just like 5 seconds and I told them I was from Salt Lake (I was born there, right??) and they got stoked because they´re from Salt Lake, too and they told me they wanted to call you hahaha. So I totally gave that guy our number and told him to tell you that I´m happy and that my scar is healing up nicely and it looks like he did a good job! What fun! That´s almost as good as getting to talk to you guys!
We all know that dad sends me like 143 letters a week (Thanks dad!!) with tons of pictures haha. Well, since I got to Iquitos, i have been collectionalizing the pictures and now i have a HUGE stack of pictures haha. Normally I just take the pictures, look at them once, smile, then put them away haha. But the other night I just wanted to see them so I took them out and I looked through ALL OF THEM! I got way stoked to see all my brothers and nephews and nieces haha. It was quite the experience. It was the first time in 18 months that I have actually just thoroughly enjoyed looking at the pictures and thinking of you guys hahahahahaha. Maybe I actually have been gone for quite a long time! But don´t worry, I´m still not homesick! Missions are my best thing! It will be very hard for me to take my nametag off.
HAHAHAHA You went to dinner With Loorraa? Where was Kimber Timber? OF COURSE they´re excited to see me, we are best best friends!!! Just hope Jake doesn´t get super jealous haha jeez! AAAAAaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyyeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Mom, don´t worry! Yes, I had a facebook account before I left, but then I erased it cuz I knew I wouldn´t use it on my mission, but then I realized that it´s like the ONLY way to keep in touch with all these people and all my converts so I just had some guy from the ward reactivate my account so that all the people I met here can find me and send me a friend request and then when I get home I can open it and keep in touch with all my mission friends! Good idea, right? But don´t worry, I´m not getting on facebook ya silly brains!!!!!!! But if you want to be my fracebrook friend, you will have to wait until after the mission.
Oh man, I was just talking to my companion about papa bear´s wedding. Tell him to wait for me! I totally would love love love to see his wedding! Side note... I think I will be getting home on Beckham´s birthday, so that should be fun haha. big deal.
Ok, everything is alright in Secada. We are just waiting on some marriage papers and then we will be able to baptize my favorite family! I wish i had a picture of them to send you! They are so funny! Hahahaha They are called The Gonzales family and there is also another Gonzales family that we are teaching that should be able to get married and baptized this month or next month! So many Gonzales people! Did I already tell you I baptized a man named Stephen? He´s the man. He is an active member of the church and is preparing to receive the Melquesidec Priesthood. What a stud.
Quick story! When I was sitting on the airplane on my way to Lima, I was sitting next to a teenage girl and her mom. To help keep me from getting sick on plane rides I always pull out a book of mormon and just read so that I´m not thinking about anything else. Well, they both saw me reading the book of mormon and started asking me questions about who I was, why I had a nametag, how it is that I spoke spanish so well, what is the book of mormon, why was I in Iquitos, Why was I going to Lima and all kinds of good questions, so I obviously turned it into a teaching situation. I taught them about a few different things in the book of mormon and answered a few questions they had about the ¨mormons¨. haha. Needless to say, they absolutely loved it! I don´t know if it was for the spirit, or my blue eyes, but they accepted a book of mormon and an invitation to go to church. It just builds on to my testimony that God is always preparing people to hear his gospel. He knows where they are and he knows where we are and he ALWAYS ALWAYS puts us together! The lady gave me her number so that the missionaries can get in touch with her and see how she is doing with her book!
Thanks for everything family! Thanks for all the support and love!!!! Ben and I will both be calling you in just like a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Emett
I wonder if the person in the airport was our friends, Ed and Cindy Cole (and their son Greg), in Peru to pick up their son, Benji, from the Lima West mission. I love Elder Emett's letters. I sure hope our sons get to meet sometime in the next 6 months. Our son, Elder Wilson (calledtoserveperuedition.blogspot.com) is serving in Pucallpa currently.
ReplyDelete