bueno....
dear the thammy. I am currently in finishing the tenth change of
my 16-change mission. That kind of scares me. But don´t worry, I still
have tons of time left. I think when I drew you all that map of the
area I didn´t really explain it too well. The mission is divided in
zones, districts, and areas. The map I drew you all is a map of the
entire zone which consists of 2 districts and 6 areas. I tell you all
that my companion and I visit all the areas because we are the zone
leaders ( I think I´ve been leaving that detail out for a while haha)
so we visit all the missionaries in the zone at least once a month.
When we travel to Nauta (the one that´s 40 miles away) we always go in
car, but when we travel to the other places we go in mototaxis. It´s
like a motorcycle with a big seat on the back (it has 3 wheels).
They´re really common in Perú.
Well, the mission is going just dandy. We are still baptizing and
finding more and more people to teach and baptize. My companion will
be going home this week, so when I write you next week I will be with
a different companion haha. I´m sure he will be awesome. I love the
members, I love the area, I love the president, I´m kinda sick of the
food hahahahaha, but I all around just flat out love love love my
mission. I never realized that I could find out more about myself and
my talents and my purpose by forgetting about me and serving others.
I´m not even kidding, I know what God expects of me in life because I
understand my strengths and weaknesses better now.
Missionary work is so cool. It is so fun. It is so rewarding, but
it is definitely really hard sometimes. I really am loving my time
here so much. Sorry I never answer all your questions or give you tons
of details about the investigators or anything. Sorry I never send
birthday presents or letters very often, but I hope you know that I
really do love you all and I am extremely grateful for all your love,
support, and prayers.
Elder Emett
I love Elder Emmett's letters from Peru! Thanks for sharing them. I can tell he has a great personality and I'm sure is having great success. I hope our sons get to meet. My son is currently serving in Pucallpa and is loving his mission too. You can read about it at http://calledtoserveperuedition.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete