To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, January 16, 2012

If you haven't read the Book of Mormon, read it!

Thammmmmmmmmmmmmieieieieieieie
yyy!

Ok. I have like 20 minutes to write! Wow, this is so weird writing in english, but we will see how it goes. I am doing great. My companion´s name is Elder Lazo. He is from a place called Tumbes that is here in Peru. He lives in the north part by the ocean where there are pure white sand beaches and lots of seafood. We totally have plans to hang out after the mission. He will be finishing on February 7th, so we are both working really hard to not be compacent in his last moments as a missionary. We are serving in a ward called Secada. In the entire city of Iquitos, it is the strongest ward. There are TONS of members with an average assistance of 225 people every sunday which is A LOT here. We are super blessed with tons of investigators and lots of them are choosing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. The work is going well and we are going to achieve the goal for baptisms in the whole zone this month. We are all pretty stoked.
Thank you for keeping me updated with the family. I feel like such a failure. When Matt and Josh were on their missions, they always sent us letters and gifts for our birthdays and I haven´t ever sent ANYTHING! I think I will be going back to Lima in July and I am going to be bringing you all some stuff when I come home, but until then, it is really expensive to send things from here so just please forgive me! I promise that I still love you all! That´s a bummer that Zac had to get let go, but I´m sure he will do great in college along with Jason and Matt. I think that I might study there too, everybody´s doing it! I had a dream that I went home last night and I played with Addie for like 2 hours, then I gave Josh and Zac a big hug and it made me cry. I literally haven´t seen you all in so long. Fifteen months. But don´t worry, cuz I really am doing good.
I am sending you 3 pictures. The first one is a family that we baptized like a month ago. The husband´s name is Pepe, the wife´s name is Madeleine. They have 3 kids (that I know of haha) 1 of them is on a misson and the other one (in the picture) is leaving this month. They just barely got baptized and they will have 2 kids in the mission just like you guys!!!!!! They are a very special family. The other 2 pictures are of my companion and I when we went to go visit a family in our area after it had rained for 3 days straight (it is raining so much here right now!!) and we had to walk through tons of mud and huge puddles to get to their house. Josh can testify of this, too, it is a lot easier to walk through thick mud without your dimpy shoes on haha.
I just hope you all know that I am having the time of my life. I know that a lot of my friends read this blog and so I just want to let you all know that I haven´t forgotten about ANY of you. Thank you so much for your love and support. If you haven´t read the book of mormon, read it.

Elder Emett


No comments:

Post a Comment