Dear Mother,
Changes came today. I will complete a year this change. That is so off the chain!!!!!! I feel like I´m still in my first area! I´m finally realizing that the mission just might get over some day. I can´t see the end, but I can see how fast a year can pass and I´m scared out of my mind! I have to be a dad when I get back!!!! I´m SOOOOOOOOOOOO not ready! I just want to stay home and eat my shirts and play pokèmon.
I will be staying in the same place with my same companion. We had a small problem this week just for a lack of communication, but we talked about it and got it figured out and we are doing much better now. It has been a lot different with my new companion, he hardly ever ever talks which I am just not used to, but we are just focusing on our strengths and the things that matter most and we have 3 baptisms this saturday! One family! They are actually getting married today!!!!!! And we would totally be going to their wedding, but the lady is from the jungle and they went there to get married haha. Oh well.
The conference was so amazing!! Maybe you guys noticed too that Josh´s mission president spoke. That was cool. We were able to listen to the conference in english! Out of all the missionaries in the zone and all the members in the stake, there are 3 white people. So the three of us went into a little separate room and listened to the conference talks in english right from the internet. I LOVED CONFERENCE!!! I remember before the mission, I always just slept through all the talks and never really liked it that much, but I loved it sooooo much this time. I have a deep appreciation for the internet services that made it possible to listen in english, and the apostles and prophets are 100% my heroes. We had an investigator there who had a testimony before, but she was able to watch that testimony strengthen and now she has no doubts that she is making the right choice by being baptized this saturday. I loved all the talks about the book of mormon. I feel like I owe everything to that book, the men who wrote it, and ultimately, to God. I was reading in 1 Nephi 14 this morning and I found a scripture that helped me so much. God has expectations for us as members of his church. We ALL have so much responsibility and it makes me so happy to hear that you are all doing missionary work, too. I am so proud of Ben. The mission is going to change his life so much.
This morning, with my companion, we were reading about charity. We tried to study it in a way that gave us a clear idea of what we needed to do to become charitable missionaries. We had a few disagreements this week just over small, insignificant things, and studying together about the gospel really helped us out. We came to the conclusion that we are going to do 2 things better. We are always going to pray to have more charity and we are always going to put other people before ourselves and always look for opportunities to serve. I am sure that our relationship is going to grow and we are going to be able to help out a lot of people.
Tell Beckham congrats on her swim meet! That´s exciting stuff! I was never good enough to take second place in anything haha. I had a work visit with an elder in my district the other day and in the night, before we went to bed, we listened to a talk by Richard G. Scott about prayer and it got us both stoked to pray more and pray harder and with more intention to act on our impressions, so I have been praying like that and it is changing how I view everything. I just want everybody in the world to listen to conference haha. I am going to go today and buy some small speakers and download some talks from the prophets to be able to listen to in the night before I go to bed. And nothing else. Today is a free p day because of the changes, so we are just going to relax and get some housekeeping and cleaning and letter writing done. I am writing a letter to you guys that I have been writing for like 3 months, I just haven´t had any time to finish it haha and I always tell you all the good stuff when I send emails anyways haha. I am also writing a letter to the Lii family. No, I haven´t forgotten about them haha. I´m always happy to hear that all is going well with the family. I pray often for you all because I really do love you so much.
Love Elder Emett
p.s. I don´t have any pictures. to be straight honest, I´m just not taking pictures hahahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment