To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Half Way Through the mission this week!!!!

Jill Emett,
I am such a silly little boy. Your email made me cry. I just can´t stand to see the words ¨half way over¨. My mission has meant absolutely everything to me. So crazy to think that it is going so fast. Ben´s an Elder?? That´s excellent. So in like two weeks, he should have his mission call? Where does everyone think he is going to go? I think he is going to come to my mission and I´m going to train him haha.
I¨m glad you all had such a good sacrament meeting and sunday. I miss sundays like that, but to tell you the truth I can´t even remember what it´s like to go to church in english. I´m afraid I wouldn´t understand everything.
My companion and I are doing just great. We are actually doing better than great. We are complete opposites and at first it was hard and disagreed on a lot of things because we were trying to think as individuals, but we have finally learned how to think as one and let our opposite personalities complement one another and it is amazing to see the results of that. We are teaching well together and baptizing and planning more baptisms, the ward absolutely loves us, and we absolutely love them and everything about where we have been called to work. My testimony of the power of prayer, faith, and fasting has grown a lot in these past few months. We have been able to help out a lot of people through the combination of the three. I could never doubt the reality or the importance of this work. And I could never doubt that God really does know us and he is so ready and so willing to help us out with everything. One month ago, we started teaching Helen. I invited her to be baptized in the first lesson and she told me that she doesn´t want anything to do with that kind of stuff, but she will happily go to church and all the activities. What do you do in that situation? I don´t know. We just gave her a book of mormon and bore our testimonies about it, then fasted and prayed that she would be able to receive an answer. She was baptized on saturday! Matt´s birthday. (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) The book of mormon is aboslutely true, mom.
Tell Shellie congrats on her little baby girl who will be born this week. How many little nephews and nieces do I have? I would like to meet some of them haha. I had a dream that I got sent home and me and Branson cried together then made plans to get me back on the mission hahaha. I could never imagine not being on my mission. I´m just so comfortable. I don´t have any problem talking to people or understanding them, I undertand more about missionary work, and I just love my calling. I feel like I am still just barely starting out. My mind absolutely denies the fact that I am going to be completing a year in the mission. It has been so fast.
Thank you for supporting me so much family! I love you all so much! I am sending two pictures, but neither of them are very good. just some bugs in yurimaguas that look like star wars clones and i forgot what the other picture is hahahahaha, I am so bad at taking and sending pictures.
Love Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment