To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Last letter from my teenager!!

Tcheheyhammies,
This has been an iteresting week... We were walking in front of an Israelite church and some old guy with a big robe on called us over to talk to him so we talked to him for a minute, then he started attacking our church (which is fine with me, I´m not here to fight), but my companion wasn´t too stoked to get talked down on by some crazy old peruvian so he completely burned him, using his own bible haha. Then we invited him to church and started to walk away and he starting yelling at us and told us that somebody needs to talk to us so we went back and the whole entire congregation was just staring at us, including their weird pastor guy up front with his burning incense and his way cool-er robes. They invited us up to their pulpit (I stayed down on the front row) and my companion went right up to the pastor and starting questioning him. Long story short, my companion burned their pastor too hahaha. The poor Israelite guys had no idea what to say. So we invited them all to church and left. It was rad.
This sunday, we had 8 investigators in church! Including a family! We have 4 baptismal dates set up in august now and we are going to set up four more this week with the family we are teaching! The work is going really good right now and we are all stoked. My stomach doesn´t hurt at all and the cold is starting to go away. And wow, yes i did think about it one time. I only have 1 more week to be a teenager. That was fast. I´m really hoping it´s a super slow week so I can enjoy immaturity just a little bit longer. I don´t want to grow up yet. Big deal.
So, what is ben up to? Remember my best friend James? Is he still in St. George? I hope so cuz we are moving in together when i get back and if he is gone, I am going to have to leave the house right when I get back hahaha how sad. How is Brady Johnson doing in the states? Tell him every single person (including the missionaries at times) wants to be in the United States right now. You guys don´t even realize what a privilege that is. When does Paco go to Germany? When does Chaddy-cakes go to Guatemala? My companion is from Guatemala. Mala means bad in spanish haha. OH! My companion´s cousin is serving in the St. George mission!!!!! His name is Elder Paiz (the same as my companion). I don´t know how big the S.G. mission is or if it would be possible to see him, but if you do, tell him that his cousin is your son´s companion down in Peru! How crazy!!!
Guess what we´re going to do today!!! We are going to buy a guitar and learn how to play it in our free time. Cool huh? We are pretty stoked about it. And we are going to play soccer against another zone right now. I hope I don´t tear my ACL again. That would be a bummer. Not much else to say. Everything is going just perfectly great. I love you all and I will email you when I´m 20.
Elder Emett

1 comment:

  1. We love Elder Emett! It is so fun to read his emails each week. He just makes me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete