To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Better late than never!!

Thammy!
Guess I´d better explain myself. Monday was not Pday. Today is! Cuz today we got to go to the TEMPLO! It´s a lot more fun to say in spanish hahaha. I think we are going to go after this to get some PIPZA! That´s not spanish, but that´s how everyone here says pizza. Then i´m gonna go home and do absolutely nothing! That´s actually really cool here.
So I just realized something the other day. You guys have heard enough about ME. It´s about time I tell you about the investigators! Deysi and Nataly just got baptized last week! Their mom is a member, but they just never got baptized so we helped them out! Saturday night after the baptism, Deysi sprained her ankle really bad, but she showed up to church on sunday, hopping on one foot, and told us that she needed to get confirmed before she went to the hospital! HAHAHHAHAHAHA! She is my hero!
We are teaching a family of 4 right now. The Hernandez family. We can only teach them once a week cuz they all work a lot, but just two weeks ago the mom told us that she received her answer about Joseph smith and she knows it´s true and now we are just waiting on the dad haha. He is really cool and pays a lot of attention to all the lessons. When we got to their house the other night, Peru (the soccer team) was playing in the quarter finals of some cup against Uruguay, and he turned off the game to listen to us! Background information- the world here shuts down when Peru plays. Nobody turns off their tv for anything and nobody does anything for any reason until the game is OVER and he turned the game off just after half time to listen to us! That was really cool. We taught them about eternal families and I showed him a picture of our family and testified that we would all be together forever. It was such a cool lesson!
We are teaching a lot of other people now and we have a few baptismal dates set up and we are way excited. One family we are teaching was kind of having a hard time getting along and the dad just got up and left them. So sad. But we have been trying to help them out and keep them stoked (the mom is a member) and now we have a baptismal date with their oldest son Paul: WELL MY KEYBOARD JUST BROKE CUZ I WAS TYPING SO FAST SO NOW THERE IS NOTHING BUT CAPS LOCK, SORRY HAHA. BUT THAT´S WHAT IS GOING ON HERE. i LOVE THE MISSION, I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THE INVESTIGATORS ON MONDAY!
LOVE ELDER EMETT

No comments:

Post a Comment