To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Baptisms and Daily Schedule

Tham-Thams
No worries, I had a great week. Spanish is slowly getting easier and going without naps is slowly-er getting easier. Today isn´t my really for real P-day, cuz we are going to the temple on Thursday so I will have my for real really real pday on thursday but we decided, as a zone, to do our email today so we didn´t have to wait that long. So, unless something special is going on, I will most likely always for pretty sure be checking my email and writing on Mondays. We had our first baptism two days ago! A little 9 year old boy named Christopher, it was so cute. He was super stoked and super embarrassed when we asked to him to share some of his feelings haha. The water was freezing cold and almost killed him cuz he has about as much meat on him as the Scoots does, it was the maximum. I didn´t do the baptism, but I will get to do my first baptism this saturday! It should be really cool.
I´m glad all my friends are doing super! I´m in the process of writing them all letters right now. There just isn´t any time here to do anything and I love it. In 3 days I will have officially been gone for 3 months hahahahahaha, I haven´t seen you guys in forever. By April 13th I will have been gone for half a year! That´s a fourth of my mission! That´s too fast! I got talking with my companion and we both agreed that our missions are our safe zones. We don´t have to worry about girls, money, cars, jobs, homes, or school or anything else but finding and teaching and being missionaries. It´s so cool, this is just what I want to be doing and I´m officially terrified of the idea of returning home one day. So either I will mature over the next 21 months, or I will just extend my mission.
Haha the other day I told some lady that her daughter was beautiful on accident. That was the weirdest contact I have ever done. Everybody looks at me weird when I contact them, I need tons of more practice with my spanish. So we had a service project this morning and it was so hard core. This lady needed us to tear down this tarp thing over her garage and so I got to climb all up around this crazy Peruvian garage and cut all these cords with this dull robo-grip thing while I wore an assassins mask like we would wear for soccer conditioning, it was beyond cool. So now I am absolutely filthy and I need to take lots of showers before I go to lunch. I know dad is interested in knowing this, so I will just let you guys know what a typical day is like in Peru so you can all get a feel for what I´m up to and not have to worry about me. I get up at 6 30 and exercise for half hour, then shower, then eat breakfast upstairs (always from our pensionista) then go back downstairs and have an hour of personal study at 8 an hour of comp study at 9 and then an hour of language study at 10. So we are in the house the entire morning. Usually at 11 we will have some kind of service activity with the zone, some kind of contacting activity, some kind of district meeting, or some kind of something or maybe just appointments with investigators until 1. At 1 we always have lunch with a member. We always eat some kind of rice and some kind of meat and they always feed us too much and we always eat it all. between 2 and 5 we have appointments with investigators and we will contact too. At 5 we have dinner back at our house from the pensionista again which is more or less the same as lunch. At 6, we will leave the room and go to more appointments we have with people and contact people and twice a week we teach an English class haha. Then we come back to the dorm at 9 and plan for the next day and write in our journals and then go to sleep at 10 30. Every day except sundays and pdays are more or less just like that. So that´s what I´m doing in Peru.
It´s kinda tough for me to have a schedule cuz I´ve never really had one before. I kinda had a school schedule, but we all know that I hardly ever went to school haha. It´s kinda tough to do all this work and a little bit tougher to do it in spanish, but I am having a blast! I´m getting all the help I could ever ask for and I am staying stoked. I get like 4 letters a week and I love it! Keep sending letters cuz they rock. I´m beyond stoked to figure out where Paco will be serving and I´m hoping you will relay that information to me. Have Ben or someone give James a big huge hug for me porque le amo James como un gordito le ama un pastel. And I love you all too!
ñçñçñññççç ¿¿¿¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
i´m using a spanish keyboard so there are tons of cool signs that english keyboards just don´t have.
Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment