Theammy
I really wish I could have heard you guys through the fone!!!!!!!!!! How extremely depressing. It´s ok tho. It was so much fun to hear all your voices and I am still jealous that Ben got Fifa 09. I couldn´t hear a word that Becca said and I feel so bad, tell her I love her. Not much has changed since Christmas day. Time is flying so fast I can´t even comprehend it. There is an Elder in my zone who is leaving for his home in just over a week haha. He said his mission was just like a big dream to him, the time goes so much faster out here than it does back home. But don´t miss me too much, If I were home, I wouldn´t be at the house and you all would hardly ever see me anyways and I would just keep you up all night with my keyboard and pointless video games. Thammy I need you to do me a favor. Tell all my best friends that I super love them and that I super miss them and that they super can send me an email, but I way can´t answer back but I would super love to read things about their mission calls and stuff. Oh yeah, and I owe Chase $35. Could you pretty please set that right for me? Cuz all I have are stupid soles and they are hardly worth dirt. Did you know an hour of computer time here costs less than 30 cents? hahahahahaha.
The little hut houses vary. There are some without roofs and some with roofs. Some are made of cardboard and some are made of woven sticks. None of them have any kind of carpet or flooring or tile or anything and they all smell like death. We were helping some lady move a dresser and there was a way dead rat under the dresser and it didn´t even phase her. The dirt floors are all pretty compacted. The people splash water all over it to keep it from being dusty, but that makes it really smelly, but they don´t care and neither do I. The houses have beds, but they aren´t like the beds we have in the U.S. There isn´t one thing here that is like the U.S. or that has reminded me of the U.S. Every time we go into these little houses the people want to give us something whether it be some little treat thing or some juice. The juice here is good, but it is a touch different. I usually don´t look into the cup before I take a drink.
I am still a touch sick and I can´t eat anything, but I will be fine. I think I´m gonna buy some peanut butter today and get my mind blown. I swear I´ve had so much rice. Ok I have a super favor. Could you put together some kind of album for me????? I really want to have some pictures of all my cute nieces and nephews and all my brothers and sisters and my family and summa my friends and soccer and stuff to show all these investigators who don´t believe I have that big of a family or any friends. And this will sound funny, but could you please send me like a little bag or reeses? I kinda want some, and my companion and my friend here need some more haha. Also it would be bomb dot com if you could send some little bit of more socks and a touch of tape. That would make my whole experience way more smooth like.
I love you all like a Peruvian loves rice and paneton. I always remind myself why Im here and one of the top reasons is always for my family. I am here for you guys and for my friends. I am here to represent the Emett name, but even more than that I am here on borrowed time. I am here to devote all of my time and talents to the Lord. I wear my name on my shirt every day and I wear His name too. I try my best every day to be a worthy representative of his name and to make myself just that much better every day. What I´m trying to say is thank you. Thank you for raising me to be who I am. Thank you for bringing me up with the desire to serve and for teaching me everything. I´m still the same old Kolby just doing new and exciting things. I hope you all are having as much fun as I am doing whatever it is you are doing.
Elder Emett
P.S. I can´t send pictures through email, but I can receive them. So if you want me to see something you can just send it through email cuz it is quite a bit faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment