To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Zebra Cakes!!

Dude, dear mom
 
     I´m going to call you TODAY!!!!!!! We get to do what is callled a pre-call and I am super stoked!!! Wow. The zone has changed a lot! We had four missionaries leave (including my companion) and we have one new Elder who is just starting his mission out. He is from Payson, Utah. His name is Elder Brown. I don´t really know too much about him cuz I have just seen him once, but I know he will do good in his area. He has a really good companion. Sooooooo..... The Gonzales family will finally be getting baptized on the 19th!!!!!!!! and married on the 18th!!!!!!!!!! We already announced it in the newspaper! hahahaha. We´re so cool. There is another family that is going to get married on the 26th of May, too!! We are totally totally stoked! 6 people in total. And they are all just great great people. Life is better than good.
     Ok. Ok. Ok. I don´t know if I´m going to be able  to study in BYU Idaho because I NEVER TOOK THE ACT! I´m such a lame face. I will need to start out in Dixie, but I do have plans to transfer after one or two semesters. Fun eh? I wish I heard more from my baby brother jake cuz I miss him so so so dearly. I hope he likes teaching in Texas. I always wanted to know what a mission would be like in the states. So some new guy who is here in Iquitos just barely asked me how much time I have in the mission and I couldn´t believe my own words when I told him ¨19 months¨. I felt so strange!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been gone 19 months!!! It has felt like only 6 or 4 months! Not a minute longer! But it has been a very very long time since I have seen you guys and I do start to miss you sometimes.
     TWO HUGE FAVORS!  So my new companion is from Mexico!!! Haha, don´t tell Zakk. I love my mexican companion so much and he speaks english so we have a little bit too much fun together hahahaha. His name is Elder Blanco and he is tall and dark and handsome. I just look like a little fat baby next to him hahaha. big deal. We got talking the other day about all the food we miss from home and we both mentioned Zebra Cakes. Do you know what that is? Zakk will know if you don´t. Could you please send us some!!!??? That would be the best ever!!!!! And also here in Iquitos, the rainy season is O.V.E.R. And now it is H.O.T. and I am D.Y.I.N.G. because I do not have a water bottle, but I was thinking of something that would be sooooooo much better than a dinky water bottle that I can buy from Peru. CAN YOU SEND ME A CAMEL BACK?????????????? I don´t know how much that would cost or how hard it would be to send, but you don´t even know how much I would truly truly truly appreciate that. It would be absolutely excellent. If you don´t know what a Camel Back is just ask Dad. We always used them on hikes up Pine Valley mountain and at Thunder Ridge camp (some of my favorite memories ever..... THANKS DAD!!!!!!!!!!!).
     My testimony of prayer grew a whole lot this week. There is a part in 3rd Nefi chapter 18 where Christ is teaching about prayer and he says that we can ask God for anything that is just. I have always had a big problem getting nervous in the mission. Sometimes I get nervous while I´m teaching and I don´t know what to say and sometimes I get nervous when I´m giving a talk or sharing a spiritual thought so the other night I prayed about it and just simply asked for help. On sunday, I was called on to give the spiritual thought in priesthood meeting and I had a scripture in mind  that I wanted to share, but right when I stood up, I thought of another scripture and changed my mind completely and had no idea why I changed my mind and I had no idea what i was going to share!!! Right when I started talking I just felt a peace come over me and I shared the scripture and explained it perfectly without feeling nervous or stumbling with my words. What a blessing!!!! I didn´t even feel one percent nervous! I just feel so much more confident now. So..... Prayer works!!!! I know it! I have had tons and tons of experiences with prayer in my mission, but i just wanted to share that one with you today.
     I love you all sooooooooo much. I know when I was in the house I never wanted to be with the family and do stuff together. I never wanted to participate much in family nights and I never really tried to talk to you and dad a lot to get to know you better and just spend time with you, but I´ve been able to realize in these 19 months how much you both really mean to me. How much the whole family means to me. I really love you all so much and I´m so excited to see you and give you all a big hug and tell you all about my mission.
 
Love Elder Kolby Emett
 
P.s. I´m sending two pictures.
1. Elder Harris and I right now in the internet place hahahaha
2. My new companion and his new assigment in the mission sunday morning before church.  ¨Lider de zona¨ is zone leader.
 
 Since it´s mothers day this sunday, I will be calling you today to figure out when I will be calling on sunday
 
I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment