To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Will be going back to Iquitos with his wife!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I can´t believe it´s actually your birthday! Today! I remember last year on your birthday I was in the mission, too! haha. How long have I been doing this mission thing anyway????? Doesn´t seem like very long! We had a very good week!! Five of our investigators got baptized!! I totally included a few fotos!!! The first picture is of the four who got baptized in the night. The middle-aged lady is Lisbeth, the two kids are hers, Mateo and Dana. The other young lady´s name is Maribel. Her boyfriend is a member and they have a marriage date set so they were both very happy to get her baptized! The other foto is another guy named Thuachito (the guy who found us and told us he wanted to get baptized haha). He got baptized in the afternoon because he can´t see in the night time to walk back to his house. I also sent another picture of the river here that surrounds the city of Iquitos! It´s so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks kinda like a swamp haha, but they people really just build their houses on stilts right on the river! Silly people. The other side of the river is 100% amazon rainforest. It´s so much fun to talk to all the locals about all their trips and schinnanigans on the other side of the river. There are so so so many wild animals (especially boas and pythons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) that they tell us about! It´s super cool! In the river there are tons of fish (some of them up to 40 feet long!), alligators, pirhanas, turtles, and river dolphins. Iquitos is like the 2nd biggest tourist city in all of south america!! But I have never seen anything because I´m so not here to be a tourist!!!! But I will be coming back in a few years with my wife to finally see all the sights hahaha.
I wish I had tons more stuff to say, but everything is just the same here. My shoulder is doing....excellent haha don´t worry about it. We will be going to Lima in about 2 weeks which will be super fun! I will not be eating at Sakura tonight, but I will be enjoying a buffet of rice and chicken like every other night these past 17 months!!! hahaha, I´m not bitter. I love you mom. Happy birthday. See you tomorrow.
Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment