To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Longest email of his mission!

The mom,
Ok, you guys are all right! I suck at writing!! I know I´m super bad with details and stories and fun things to say, but I always sit down at the computer and I just can´t think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I´m going to try to do way better right now. The weather here NEVER EVER changes. It is ALWAYS blazing burning kill-you-dead hot, or it is raining really really hard. Those are the two seasons that are here in Iquitos. My companion´s name is Elder Riquelme. He is from Santiago, Chile, and we are really really good friends and we work really hard together. All of the marriages that we were planning out are going to be happening this month or at the first of April and we have a family and another person that is going to get baptized next week, then another family on the 24th and another family that will be getting all of their papers ready and will be able to get baptized in the first week of April. We are super stoked and working super hard. I now have 3 changes in my area and I think I am going to be staying for three more hahaha, then I will train for 2 changes to finish out the mission. This week we went to the trainings in Lima and it was super good! The president helped us all get way more excited about the work and we are looking to have some really really good results in March.
I had a great week, and yes mom, I am still in Perú. I haven´t had a lot of problems from the car wreck except for my shoulder. Something happened to my collar bone and I haven´t been able to sleep much since the accident. I´m not exactly sure what happened, but my bone just isn´t in place. It juts out of place when I move my arm in different positions and I have to reach up and push it back into place hahahaha, it´s super stange. But it doesn´t bother me during the day so I´m not even 1% worried about it. Maybe when I´m back in the States we could have a doctor who knows what he´s doing look at it and see if it´s a problem. Yes, every time we go to Lima we have to go in plane and I am doing a lot better with it. Traveling used to make me so sick, but since I have traveled so much by plane now (over 15 times) it just doesn´t affect me anymore which is a HUGE blessing.
Hahah I can´t believe you bought a bed from a yard sale. That´s number 1! Mostly I can´t believe you are already thinking about getting things ready for when I come back. I am SOOOOOOOO far away from coming back. I will be in Perú for at least 7 more months, but thanks for thinking about me haha. You asked me who my friend was that wrote me and said that missions are her best thing hahaha, her name is Hannah Andersen, I don´t know if you know her. She is from our same stake and I met her at the Trek that I went on when I had swine flu haha. But don´t worry, I don´t have any more swine flu.... just tons of parasites.
Michele sent me a few pictures of her daughter Addie. ¡¡¡¡¡¡WOW!!!!! She is so big!!! She´s just a little puffalump!! Does she talk and say words???? She is totally going to be almost 2 when I see her! OH YEAH!!!!! I got one of the packages you sent me with pants, candy, and two big pictures of my family that I don´t recognize anymore hahah. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pictures so much! I don´t recognize the following members of my family: Rebecca- she is like a woman!, Tanner, Kallie, and Matt´s other new daughter, they are all so so so so big and Kallie looks just like all of shellie´s sisters hahaha. I don´t recognize Annie or Payslie anymore and Brigham looks way older than I thought he was. He has a full head of hair!!!! I have NO idea what happened to the family, but you all just look so good and so happy and so so so so so so so so much different. It will be so different, but so nice to see you all again. Don´t worry about me, I haven´t changed much. I´m just super much fatter and I have a HUGE scar from the middle of my forehead to the bottom of my eyebrow, and I can totally grow a moustache now haha (but not really).
I wish I could just share a cool mission story with you all, but there are just too many to just share 1! You will all just have to wait until I get home and then we can share all kinds of stories together with details and all that stuff like that. Just know that I love the mission, I love the church and I have a testimony that grows every single day.
Elder Emett


No comments:

Post a Comment