To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, March 19, 2012

15 baptisms in 3 weeks!

MAAAMMMMHHYYYYYYY!!!!
Another successful week!!!! Finally!!!! Everything is set to go for all the marriages we have been planning on and there will be 15 baptisms in these next three weeks!!!!!!! 4 families!!!!!!!!!!!! We are off the chain stoked and super happy about the work right now! I don´t know if you ever talk to Elder Harris´s mom, but Elder Harris is my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!! He is here in Iquitos, too, and we always talk about how much we love our moms hahah and then we realized that our moms are friends online!! So send her some more messages haha. We got the changes today.... I will be staying! Yes!! And Elder Riquelme will be staying, too! Yes! This is his last change hahaha so I will be his very last companion. We are working very hard and we are having a lot of success together.
My collar bone is doing fine, but I am going to have the doctor look at it because it´s still kinda bothering me. But how is Jake??????? Is he going to have to get surgery or wear a brace or anything??? I sure hope not!!!! My biggest fear ever would be getting sent home before the 2 years are up so I sure hope that Jake gets to stay in the mission! Yes, I did get 1 package from you and the other one is in Lima so I will get it when I go to the April conference! Which reminds me! GENERAL CONFERENCE IN LIKE TWO WEEKS!!!!!!! I´m wayyyyy siked out!!!! I didn´t even really like conference before the mission, but now it is like the coolest thing in the world!! It´s so much fun to take the investigators and recent converts to listen to the prophets, they always get so stoked!!!!
Little bit of bad news. I was totally going to send you some cool pictures that we took by the river, but there is not a USB port on my computer so I will not be sending any pictures today haha. I don´t need anything right now. Everything is just dandy, but my companion is finishing his mission in a few weeks and it would be cool to send him like a sweet t-shirt or a cool hat or some candy or some sweet ties or anything at all, but I would love to give him something from the U.S. to take back to Chile. He has probably been my favorite companion so far haha. We just get along so well it´s stupid. We´ve never even disagreed with eachother even once haha. He´s a true bro.
Don´t worry too much, I´m not homesick, but I am STOKED to see you all again haha. I just got talking to my companion last night and thinking about how long it has really been since I´ve seen you guys and it has been A WHILE!!!!!!!!! My trainer, Elder Orellana is going home tomorrow hahahaha, half of my companions have already finished their missions, and I have over 17 months in the misison, but it has really just felt like 6 or 4 months. I gave a talk on sunday about eternal families and I brought my two favorite things to show everybody, the picture of the whole family that you guys sent me, and my journal that you wrote in when I was a baby. I explained to everyone that what really made me happy was knowing that I had been born into sacred covenants and had the opportunity to make sacred covenants with God so that I could live with my family forever. Everybody was so stoked to see the picture and they all wanted to take it and just stare at it after sacrament meeting haha. I have the best family in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!! And there are 3 of them that I don´t even know yet!!! Again. Not homesick, but super siked to see you all again.
We had a bunch of cool experiences this week! I will tell you 1. So we went down to this place in my area that used to be just mud and wooden houses with palm leaf roofs. All of the houses are built up on stilts, but I never knew why. Now I know why hahahaha. It has rained so much in these past few months that one of the nearby rivers is totally overflown and what used to be mud paths is now a huge body of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody has to travel by canoe or just build a ghetto bridge!!! It´s way cool to go tracting down there!!!!! Anywhays, we have a family down there that is going to get married and baptized this month so we went down there to teach them a lesson and when we were leaving their house, a little old man came hobbling across a ghetto bridge and told us that he saw us pass by and that he wants to be mormon too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha. He had his baptismal interview last night and he will be baptized on saturday!!!! The Lord has people prepared in every part of every mission in the entire world. I know it!!!! I know that this is his work and that yes, 19-year-old-boys can do this work!!!! Missions are number 1!!!!!!!!
Elder Emett



No comments:

Post a Comment