To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Yes, it is hot down here!!

yes mom, it´s hot here,

It is really hot. always. Except for when it rains. Then it is
just.... fresh haha. I wish I were a better person who took more
pictures, but I´m simply not a picture taker. I have 0 pictures to
send you, but I think i will send you a small package tomorrow with my
2 gig memory card full of pictures and the voice recorder with all
kinds of stuff for you to listen to and the small, hand-made peruvian
nativity that a lady in my lady ward gave to me. yes, dad, i got your
email. no, i will not be getting any letters or anything else for
quuuuuuiiiite a while haha. No, i do not live on the shore of the
amazon river, i live about 5 miles away. There are more bugs here than
I care to count. I am so used to bugs and spiders that i hold them in
my hands now and i play with them instead of being scared and killing
them. Iquitos is a big city, but we live in the ¨outskirts¨ of town.
98% of the roads are dirt and sand. The closer you get to the river,
the more beautiful everything is, all the sand is white. In the city,
there is one big store where we buy all our food for the week. it´s
called piramide and it´s about 1/3 the size of albertson´s. Everything
is going good with the ward and the investigators and my companion.
Today we are going to a small zoo place called Quistococha and I will
try and take some pictures haha. I am going to be eating a huge, white
grub that is a common jungle food here, but I´m going to eat it alive.
I will take a video so you can all laugh with me. There is absolutely
no more time left to write, I´m soooo sorry. I´m such a failure! But I
love you.

Love Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment