To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Living by the Amazon River

TSCHIAMMMYY!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I´m such a failure! I had zero of time to write to you last week. I just felt like a meanie-pants the whole week cuz I didn´t write my family. Please try to forgive me. Ok, ok ok, I am in Iquitos, Perù right now. Have you ever heard of the Amazon River? That´s just right next to my house. I´m not kidding, it´s so cool here. Just get on the computer and look up Iquitos, Perù. It will be way way cool. Sometimes we have lots of baptisms. We are helping out all the elders in the zone and we are pretty sure that December 17th will be the best day ever. There is a ¨massive marriage¨ that day, and about 8 families in three of our areas are going to get marred, then baptized in our chapel that night. 8 families. Together. 1 night. It is going to be so cool. Two of the families will be families that we are teaching right now and one of them have a kid on the mission right now and another kid who leaves in january and they aren´t even members hahahaha, but they will be soon.
My companion is Elder Lazo. He has 22 months in the mission and he is a very dedicated missionary. He is kind of serious, but he likes to joke around with me too. I think I will be with him until he finishes his mission. We live in a house with 4 missionaries haha. There are only 2 places in the entire mission where missionaries live together and I have lived in both of those places hahahaha. It´s a little bit different here. We don´t have a pension. We buy all our own food and we cook breakfast and dinner in the house. We have a fridge, an electric stove, and a sink. I basically just eat tons of sandwiches. I found a place here that sells peanut butter and I bought a jar of it and I have literally been living off peanut butter sandwiches for a week and a half hahaha. It´s so much better than having a pension, I always wanted to cook for myself. It is blazing hot here. It is way hotter than Yurimaguas. I remember one day I was in my room studying spanish and I wasn´t really paying attention to how hot it was and like five minutes later it looked like I had just jumped into a swimming pool I was sweating so bad. So gnarly.
I will definitely get to call you on christmas day, but I can never understand what you guys are saying to me so I am kind of embarrassed to call. I am sorry to say I will not be getting the packages until a little after christmas, but it´s ok. It takes a while to get stuff here, but don´t worry, we will buy some chocolates or something to eat on christmas day. I didn´t even know that it was thanksgiving this past week. I woke up friday morning and the other north american misisonary, Elder Walker, was like ¨dude, I think yesterday was thanksgiving¨, and then we both just laughed because neither of us realized it was thanksgiving. Oh well.
Sorry, there really isn´t time to write, we have tons of good stuff to do so I gotta get going. I love you all. Thank you for writing me and keeping me updated. I will try and write you every week and let you know what´s happening in the amazon rainforest. call me.

Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment