The Thamspsons,
You want to know the truth??? Yeah, I´m getting transferred this week, but I have no idea where I´m going. I know only one thing, yes, I´m going to the jungle. My zone leaders still aren´t sure if I´m going to Tarapoto or Moyobamba, but it´s one of the two. I will get on a little Peruvian plane tomorrow in the morning with one 40 pound suitcase and fly into the Amazon Rainforest. I´m pretty much stoked to say the least, but the mission is about to change a whole bunch haha. It´s nothing to be worried about, it´s just something new and exciting. One little fact to note would be that I will be eating mostly only fruit for a while haha and YES! There are coconuts here! Sooooo, I have no idea what it´s like, I don´t know what to expect, and I´m still not even sure where I am going. But I hope that everyone is aware that I will be crying on the plane ride there. I have found life-long friends here in Lima. First of all with my zone. My zone leader Elder Cain is one of my heroes. I have known him almost 5 months and I can´t even imagine not having him as a zone leader. We had a ¨work visit¨ just the other day where we got to work together all day and I have never had so much fun on my mission. I finally don´t want to leave and I get my call to the jungle. I am with the zone now, and we are all kinda sad about it.
On a happier note, we have been working really hard and the work is going really good in my area! We have three baptismal dates in May and we are planning on more. I won´t be here to see their baptisms, but I´m still happy that I could help out. Tell Ben to send me the ¨pick me¨ videos so that for I could watch them and also tell him to start working on his mission papers or whatever and also tell him that I would love to see him after my mission so tell him to postpone the mission for a little while. Tell Zac WHAY TO GHO on his patriarchal blessing and that he needs to send me an email cuz letters are just so hard. And tell him that the people here are really nice so he doesn´t need to come down here with a shot gun and a four wheel drive. And tell them both that it´s about time I got a hug from them. I miss those guys. Also, If you could possibly make it happen, I want to try out these new garments that they don´t have here 100% nylon. Is that weird? Could you send me a couple pairs? Did I spell pairs right? Spanish is just easier sometimes. Paco´s farewell is this sunday?????? When does he leave. Will somebody please tell me what´s happening to all the cute boys??
Ok, well I am going to the forest tomorrow and next week I will write you all and let you know how it is and how much I miss my old zone. I love you all. Thank you so much for all your support and letters and emails.
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment