To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Guinea pigs. Pets or dinner?

Tramamine,
Ok, I will help you all out. YES. That picture with the guinea pig was taken in my house. I guess you could kind of compare this area to a backyard because it´s in the back part of the house, but it really is just the back part of the house. The family raises guinea pigs (along with te 200 other things they do for food and money) so they let us go back and play with them one day. I explained to them that where I´m from, guinea pigs are pets and they all thought I was pretty funny. We are gonna eat some next saturday and I had a little slab of one last night, neat eh? So this week has been absolutely crazy. We had trainings, work visits, interviews with the president, conference (every last session, 2 in english), and I got to do another baptism! We baptized this 20 year old guy named Manuel. He has been listening to the Elders for years and years now and finally decided it was true and just straight up told us one day that he wanted to be baptized. It was such a cool experience. He cried while he was giving his testimony after his baptism and he is preparing to serve a mission now. I´m so stoked about it. I´m glad you all are enjoying my package and I´m glad it actually got to you, I didn´t have my expectations too high for the little peruvian post office. I know it didn´t really have a lot in it, but it´s really expensive to send. I could eat three full meals a day for an entire week for what it cost me to send the package hahaha. I hope no one is feeling forgotten and I hope you are all happy and healthy.
We are all mature adults here, so just let me explain this to you simply. We have another change coming up in exactly two weeks. We never know exactly exactly what is happening until we receive our call which will be coming on Saturday, April 16th, but we all kinda have an idea of what will be happening because President always tells the Zone Leaders what he is thinking. He said that everyone in the zone right now (10 Elders) will be staying where we are for another change......except for me. He told my zone leader, Elder Cain, that he wants to send me to the jungle now. I have been in Lima for 3 changes and we are not positive, but more than likely, I will be going to the jungle this month. It´s nothing to be scared about, it just means that all my pictures will be a lot prettier, my diet will be a lot fruitier, my clothes will get a lot sweatier, my house will be a lot ¨shackier¨ and I will receive and send mail a lot less ¨frequently-er¨. None of this is set in stone, I´m just giving you all a heads up of what I know, and I actually hope I stay here in Lima. I have the coolest zone ever and I don´t want to change at all.
I´m so stoked to hear that soccer is going so good and tell Jackie and the Brown thanks for emailing me! Tell papa bear congrats on the p-blessing and tell jake to get on it. I showed an elder a picture of our family and he asked me if it was our ward hahahaha. 2 questions. How many temples are in the United States? And how many are in Utah? Everyone asks me and I never know. And mom, please send me the pizza dough recipe. It breaks my little heart when I have to tell this sweet old lady every week that I still don´t have the recipe I said I would get her. I love you all, keep writing and stop having kids. How many new family members do I have to meet when I get back?????????
Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment