To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, September 10, 2012

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN AMAZING!!!!!

Heyyyy HEEYY heyy HEEYYY heyyy

      Wussuppppp?????????????? Dear family. THIS WEEK HAS BEEN AMAZING!!!!! My new companion´s name is Elder Morales, and he is a STUD. This is his first change as a zone leader and he is one of the best zone leaders I have met in my 23 months in the mission. He is from Lima, Perú and he has 13 months in the mission. He is my height, with dark skin, black hair, and brown eyes and pretty skinny. A lot of missionaries that I know start to relax in their last change in the mission, but that is NOT what we are doing! I have never, not even in Yurimaguas, felt so focused on missionary work as I do now. Let me explain... In Preach My Gospel, in chapter 8 it talks about setting and achieving goals, it says that the mission president (i´m just roughly translating from spanish to english) will maybe set goals of excellence that we should work on completing. President Blunck´s focus is the family. In the Perú Lima North mission, WE BAPTIZE FAMILIAS. At the beginning of 2012, President Blunck set a standard of excellence that is called 8/4/2. The idea is that in every area every single month we can baptize at least 4 people and of those 4 people, there are 2 families. Almost every single month when I was in Iquitos, I completed with the goal with my companion. But now my companion and I have an impossible goal haha. We don´t just want to achieve the goal, but we want every companionship in the whole zone to complete with the goal. This requires A LOT of work, attention, dedication, faith, diligence, and verification, but we KNOW we can do it. We hardly had time to think this week we had so much to do haha. And this next week will probably be one of the craziest weeks of my whole mission. A lot of what we do this week will determine if we meet the goal as a zone or not. I know all of the zone´s investigator´s names by heart and we are constantly praying for every one of them. Like I said... I have never been more focused in my whole mission. But that´s how it´s supposed to be right?????
     I wish I could send you all some sort of picture, but my camera is not working all that well ahaha. oh well. About the suit. I don´t have one. I borrowed a jacket from the mission offices, but I wont take it home with me haha, it´s not my size at all. There is a place right here close that is doing a special on suits. with S/. 300 I can buy a new suit with pants, 2 shirts, 2 ties, and shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That´s about $120. But I don´t know. I don´t like spending your money. I´m fine with just going home in a shirt and tie and maybe my sweater hahaha because St. George is going to be WHHAY too cold for me!!! About what I want to eat when I get back... waffle cookies. no bake cookies. maybe a home made lasaña. Lots of vegetables. Maybe some kind of salad. Maybe some pizza. fruit snacks. gushers. oreo brownies. dr. pepper. 7 layer dip. doritos salsa verde. hahahah idk, I just want to eat all that and some other things that you make haha and i want to see all my huge brother and little nephews and nieces and erbody. That´s so funny that the stake president has my return date in his phone haha. I never understood the power of his calling until I got here in the mission, but i have an amazing respect for church leaders and every stake president i have met in the mission has been such a great person!!! I really respect his calling so much! Haha i feel honored that my name is in his phone hahahaha. He is a good guy. 
     We were praying really hard all week that we could have a lot of investigators in church so that there could be families who are progressing toward baptism for these next few weeks, and there were 11 investigators there!! With 5 families! We were also praying so that a family could get a few things cleared up with their marriage papers and we went with them this morning and we got it all cleared up so  they can get married and baptized on the 22nd!!!!! My testimony of prayer has grown so much. I love you guys. Thanks for all the support over all this time. I really am excited to see you, but it will not be easy for me to leave Perú. 

No comments:

Post a Comment