To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Something very very strange is happening!

Tcheammmmmmmmmmsssiiieiiiissss
sssssssmmmmmammmmyyyyyyyyeyee!!!!

     Hey there! I´m just still here in Lima, Perú!!!! Just still
having lots of fun with all my best friends! Something very very
strange is happening. We are working SO HARD! But we have not had 1
baptism in all of August!!!!!! My head just can´t understand how to
live a week without baptizing or planning baptisms. So weird. The
truth is that we have 3 families who are progressing toward baptism,
but their silly marriage papers are worse than 6 or 4
nightmares!!!!!!!!!! There are some other people we are teaching and
we found A LOT of new people to teach this week so things should start
to go a lot better. Wow. We decided as a companionship that we were
going to work on diligence this week and almost every appointment we
had fell through hahahahahahahaha. God answers prayers the hard way
sometimes. So we just had to lift our heads up and go to work. We
worked really really hard and we had great results. We are looking at
2 families and 3 other people who should be ready for september!!!!!
And 2 more families who should be ready for october!!! God gave us so
many opportunities to work on diligence this week and I feel like we
did a good job at being extrememly diligent!
     Things with my companion are going just super great. Our
personalities are just complete opposites, but we are getting to know
eachother more and we are getting along a lot better. He´s just silly.
But he´s a really good missionary and we have the potential to work
very very well together.
     Tell Branson, Feliz Cumpleaños!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 is so
old!! How old is Jason now? I´m glad Josh is counting down the days I
have left because I have NO IDEA!!! I just figure I still have 2 years
left haha. That´s way cool that Jer got home after being gone for so
long!!! He stole all my thunder!!! You wasted the good surprise on
him!!!!! Haha jk, Jer, you´re the man. Ummmm.... I thought Papa Bear
whas alrheady whay murried. Whhen izzy getting murried?? I hope I am
home when he gets murried so we can dance and eat cake together and do
other wedding things, idk. Tell him congrats on his milk man job. I
live in the apartment with just my companion, there aren´t any other
missionaries there and it gets kinda lonely sometimes. Ima have to
have a super big family like ours so that I never get whay bored haha.
    So we were asked to speak on sunday in sacrament meeting and I
decided to talk about....... YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a part
in the pamphlet of the first lesson that says that one of the best
places to learn and practice the gospel is in the family, so I shared
with the entire congregation what we do to practice the gospel in our
family! I talked about Emett Family Fun Time, dinner at 6, family
scripture study, interviews, blessings, responsibilities (cleaning the
kitchen), and family council! Everybody loved it haha. Like 10 people
came up to me after the talk and told me how much they wanted to meet
my family and how they wanted to try all the things we do. There was
one sweet little old lady who got so stoked that she came running over
to me after the meeting and grabbed both of my hands and told me how
good of a father I was going to be and how much she admired me and my
family and how she was going to share everything the Emett family does
with her family and try to be even happier. Another guy came up and
asked me if I could make him a calendar that explains exactly what we
do every week so that he could start doing it and have a better
relationship with his wife haha. I love talking about you guys. I have
the best family in the world. I didn´t realize before the mission, but
I do now. I´m not extremely smart, handsome, cool, tall, or stylish,
but I do have the best family I have ever met. Thanks mom and dad. I
miss you guys!!!!! Seeya in 2 years!!!

Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment