Another successful week went by. Yesterday in church, these two guys walked up to us and told us that they had two friends who wanted to be baptized. So we went and visited their friends and now they are both going to get baptized. It was really quite an experience talking to the both of them because they were just SO READY!!!!!! They will both be getting baptized on the 23rd of this month along with another family that we just found 2 weeks ago. Amazing things happen when The members take part in the work.
We are all just way way way stoked about the special visit we will be receiving from Elder Uchtdorf. I was imitating his voice while I talked to my companion all morning haha it was super funny! We are planning our WHOLE entire day around it. We are super lucky though, because it is a pday so we don´t even have to take time out of our schedule to go and see him. It´s just a pday!!
Hahahaha you asked me what we do if we are walking around and we have to go to the bathroom. That´s a really good question. Remind me to tell you and I will tell you when I get back, ok? So I totally looked at my watch yesterday and it said June 10th and I thought for a minute ¿what is that? then I realized!!! That´s Josh´s and Fuller´s birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! That is so cool!! I can´t believe Josh is 26! I thought he was like 24 idk. And I love that Fuller is older than Jason hahah. He´s such a man. Tell them both that I love them and I love their families, too!
HEY THANKS!!!! I 100% got 2 big, amazing packages from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of them was full of candy and the other one was full of a backpack!! Thank you so much! It really helps out to get things from home haha, and the camel back is helping out a lot so that I don´t die from all the hot, hot heat. I am even more stoked that you sent another one for my companion!! He is super stoked about it! Tell Grandma Sandra that she is the best and that my companion says ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Gracias!!!!!!!!!
Well, we got the changes today hahaha. I AM STAYING IN MY AREA!!!! ¡¡¡Locazo!!!! This will be my 6th change here!!! 6 changes = 9 months hahahahahahahaha. That´s like more than a third of my mission in the exact same place and I love it!!! It has been a great area for me. My district leader is really really cool, too. His name is Elder Jensen and he is from Tooele, Utah. We are now living in the same house and it´s totally way way cool. Sometimes we get time to chat and it always lifts us both up a ton. The ward is doing amazing right now and we have investigators who come to church and more who are getting ready for baptism in June and July. (Can you guys believe it´s already June???????) That´s crazy sauce.
Love you!!
Elder Emett (the one who´s going to see Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Cook today)
Elder Jensen is my son.... ran across this blog looking to see if any news reports of Elder Uchtdorf and Cook in Iquitos! Elder Jensen speaks very highly of the Elder he lives with and loves the ward and area they are working in....
ReplyDelete