To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Another great week

Good morning mother,

     What a good week!!!!!! My companion and I prayed together starting out this week so that we could find more new families to invite to be baptized in june and july and we found 5 new families!! 4 of them committed to baptismal dates, and 3 of them came to sacrament meeting! We were just on fire one night and we made tons and tons of contacts and met a lot of people and it just felt good cuz we both just felt so guided. We had no idea what to do because 2 of our appointments fell through, so we just contacted the first house we saw, then just kept going haha. It was a great day.
     So, we moved houses again haha. We are back in the same house that we were in when I first came to this area (in November... over 7 months ago.... i know.... that´s a really long time). So we live with two other elders right now. One´s name is Elder Jensen. He is from Tooele (pronounced Too-will-uh) haha, Utah. He has 2 months more than I do in the mission... which means that he has 2 months left in the mission hahahahahaha. He is a really really good missionary and one of my best friends, too. we always do gringo chat. He´s a sharp kid.
     We are going to Lima tomorrow to go the that conference thing. It should be super super fun! The elder working in the offices told me that there are like 2 packages for me that are waiting there so... Thanks!!!!! Well.... funny story.. true story. Do you remember that one time that you sent me like a whole bunch of money so that I could buy a suit? That was the best, thanks! Do you remember that one family that we got married that doesn´t have any money cuz the guy makes about 5 dollars a week selling brooms to his neighbors and 7 people have to live off that  and we talked to the ward council and they couldn´t help us out either and it came down to their wedding day and they didnt have any money so i payed for it? do you remember that? Well I did that. Sorry. I´ll just come home without a suit. I mean, its blazing hot in Iquitos and its blazing hot in st george so why whould i need a suit anyways, right? It kinda seems like a waste of sweat-pore-action that i could use in more practical situations. That sounds crazy. But it´s super true. So please don´t send me more money or I will probably just end up getting stuff that isn´t really that useful or just paying for weddings when I was supposed to buy a suit. hahahaha. Well, that was awkward. Love you!!!

Elder Emett

1 comment:

  1. We know Elder Spencer Jensen from Tooele! Our son, Elder Wilson, went to high school with him!

    ReplyDelete