To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Jealous that Ben is just starting out!!!

Mother of mine,
We all knew this moment would come, but none of us thought it would or could come so fast. Little Nathan-Jake is going to be a missionary just like his big brothers. HOW COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just barely realized that there´s an elder in my zone named Elder Raffagnini and he is from Rosario, Argentina. He says it´s a wonderful place, it´s really big and clean, and the church is really stable there. I´m so jealous he is going to be starting out right now. I wish I could just tell him everything I know and he could start out and just be pumped up and start baptizing, but, like everything else in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it´s a process that he has to go through for himself.
The ward Secada is doing great. We had a meeting last night with all the bishops in the stake and the stake president about missionary work and the stake president asked us to do a few little trainings about the mission´s focus, it was a really spiritual meeting and all the bishops are pretty stoked to start focusing more on the mission work that´s going on in their wards. We had a few baptismal dates fall through because of a few difficulties we had with a couple marriages, but don´t even worry, they will be able to get married and baptized in March. Wow. I can´t believe it´s almost March.
To answer some of your questions, no, I didn´t actually dislocate my shoulder. I thought I did, but that wasn´t the problem. It just got very very bumped and bruised, but it´s all better now. We did a service project the other day with machetes and everything and I was able to work just fine. And yes, the ward is very good with welcoming in new members. I have never seen a bishop do his part quite as well as the Bishop Vidal Vega does his part. It really is an amazing ward and all the members here just want to help us get more and more members and help the church grow. Everybody is into it becuase the church isn´t that big here and everybody wants it to be bigger. In the entire country of PerĂº, there is only 1 temple. there are like a billion in the united states. It´s really cool to be a part of the work here.
One of my fellow elder´s moms is going to be calling you so that she can send you a check and you can put the money in my account and I can take the money out and give it to him. His name is Elder Hughes. I think she is going to be calling you today, I gave them your number.
I sent you two pictures, but I can´t really remember which ones I sent you, but I´m sure they are awesome!
Tons of love,
Elder Emett


No comments:

Post a Comment