To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crazy Cool Memories

Deir Thampsssies,
Sí yo, tu negro. Life is good. The mission is just sweeter than a bag of cinnamon bears. It was really hard to be in bed for almost a week and not be able to visit our investigators and see their progress, but I was able to work without any problems this entire week! We are going to be baptizing a family on the 25th, another one on the 3rd, and another one on the 10th, and two more who just need a little bit more work. We´re totally stoked. I have a little bit more time two write you, so I will try to answer some of your questions.
I have had a great week! The recovery is going better than amazing! I wasn´t even exaggerating when I told you last week that I was good to go and now the only evidence I have of the wreck is a sore arm and some crazy cool memories flying through the air hahahaha this family asked me what I was thinking in that moment when we went flying and I was like, ¨I think I was thinking something like this: AHHAHAYAYAHAHAYAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!¨ hahaha it was a joke I learned from Brian Reagan and it made the family laugh super hard. I did, in fact, get a new companion. His name is Elder Riquelme. He is from Santiago, Chile just like my trainer Elder Orellana and my companion in Yurimaguas, Elder Castillo. I love Chileans. Elder Riquelme is tall, dark, and handsome. He has 21 months in the mission so he will be finishing with me. He is really funny, really respectful, and he lets me take control of the work and so we are having success and we are both just really really happy. Yes, I am still in my rainy, jungly paradise Iquitos (I bought you all some cool jungle gifts that I am going to be sending home in a few weeks, so if you could send me a little extra $$ dolla dolla bills I can put them all in a box and send them off to sunny town st. george).
(these questions are a bit older, but I´m going to answer them because I have time haha) I did not call you until friday night because for one, I did not feel good enough and two, I had to wait until president called you first and then ask him for permission to call you. The accident did not break any one of my bones, it dislocated my shoulder and it bruised my arm, the left side of my head, and my ribs. I am actually sending you a few pictures so you can see my progress. One picture (in the hilarious open red polo) is the day after the accident, the next picture is just a day after that with all my bruises and the next picture was taken yesterday when we were playing with one of those huge bugs that flies and has the big horn and you can clearly see that the stitches barely left a mark. Thank you for all of your prayers. I actually did not pass out which surprises everyone. I was alert the whole time haha, and I did not get a cocussion thankfully. I actually would love a new pair of pants. I had 3 and I gave one to Elder Lazo, I gave the other to a convert who had no clothes to wear to church, and the ones I was using in the accident go torn and I cant use them anymore haha, so I am currently using a ghetto pair of worn, black pants that Elder Lazo gave to me. It would be way cool to send something to my bishop. He does not speak english, but he has a family and is a really simple guy. A box of candy with a church cd or something or a picture of the family and a note that says ¨gracias por todo¨ would be way way cool.
Well, I think I almost answered half of your questions hahaha. I just hope that you all know that I love you a whole bunch. I got tons and tons of letters from you last week and a box with valentines candy. There are so many missionaries that just don´t get anything from their families and some whose families don´t even support them. thank you so much for being an amazing family. I really do love you all.
Elder Emett


No comments:

Post a Comment