To View Hand Written Letters:

To view Hand written letters: Click on a letter to bring it onto it's own page, then click again to enlarge to full size.

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Book of Mormon is the greatest book ever!!!!

Estimado Thammy,
Thanks for all the great news. I would have totally inserted an exclamation point after that sentence, but this ghetto keyboard doesn´t really work all that well haha. News numba 1: My companion is totally still here *exclamation point x 4* And he is doing great *more exclamation points* I talked with him for like two hours and then he had his interview with president and it all turned out great. He is good to go and we are working hard as normal.
We are teaching this man named Hugo, but without pronouncing the H. It´s just like..... OOOOOOHGOE. Almost. That´s not important, what´s important is that we taught him about Joseph Smith and invited him to pray and he told us that he still didn´t have his answer so we shared the book of mormon with him and we gave him just a few days to read it. When we went back to his house to check how he was doing with his reading, he had read like 15 chapters and told us that he didn´t have any more doubts about the church. He came to church on sunday and told us this is exactly what he has been looking for. The church is so true. The book of mormon is so true, and we couldn´t do anything without it. The book of mormon is just like an instant doubt destroyer, problem solver, and testimony builder all in 1 for the price of 0 nuevos soles. It gives me a reason to the missionary work. If the people will actually just read the book of mormon with interest and real intent to learn and be edified, it´s a fact, they are going to get baptized. It´s as simple as that. It is the most powerful tool I have seen in my entire mission. It gets me to a whole new level of stoked-ness. How come I never knew this stuff before the mission??? I always had a book of mormon. I just want to give away thousands every single day and watch the world change haha. And I thought you all would be interested to know, I found out my life calling. I am going to learn mandarin chinese and move to China and start teaching in secret haha. That would be the coolest thing ever. But before that I have to finish the mission of course. I just wanted to share with all of you how real the book of mormon is and how much it applies to everyone. It meant something different to me when I was a kid, it was something completely different when I was a teenager, it helped me prepare for my mission, and now it is everything to me as a missionary. I read it from the perspective of an investiagator, and it was something completely different and absolutely wonderful. Just...read it.
I can´t believe Ben is so close to getting his papers sent in. If he doesn´t come to the Lima PerĂ¹ North mission, he is going to a Slovic country in Europe. That´s a fact. I love you all. I´ve had a really good week, and this is the last week of the change, but don´t worry cuz I am staying here.
p.s. we are playing soccer today and I forgot how to play
Love Elder Emett

No comments:

Post a Comment