Dude its been like a week!
Dear, beloved Thammy my mother,
Thanks for the nice, long email! In case you guys were wondering, I´m still in Perù, so don´t worry. Does your computer have this - ñ - ? Didn´t think so. And, hold up. Addie can almost walk??? What do you expect me to do? Believe you? That´s insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! She just got born like two weeks ago... or maybe that was Brigham... or Shellie´s baby. People ask me how many people there are in my family and before I can respond, my body naturally just laughs. I don´t even know anymore. But it´s so good to know all the kids are having fun and growing up so fast and everything is good in Utah. I love to hear that everything is going good.
Well, we had a baptism this week! His name is Nestor. All of his family members are members of the church, including his wife, but he just never wanted to get baptized. With a little bit of help from the missionaries, a little bit of pushing from his family, and a LOT of help from God, Nestor was baptized saturday night and confirmed a member of the church on sunday. It was a very good day, and an amazing baptism. He will receive the priesthood this coming week.
We are both doing good! My compañion is progressing a lot and he isn´t that scared to teach anymore! He is a really good person. He is always thinking of ways that he can be better and he is always trying to invite the spirit in every single moment. It is helping me a lot, and it is really helping us out as a compañionship and it is helping the investigators a lot. This week, we found a new family to teach, and the dad came to church on sunday. His name is Hugo. When we met him, he explained his situation to us and why he wanted to listen to us (he was a referral from a member) and it seemed like a dream! He told us that all his life he had been searching for the truth and he had visited tons of churches, but he never felt quite right in any of them. He told us that just a few weeks ago, he prayed to God to be able to find the truth and then we showed up at his door. He told us that he was sure we could help him. I almost didn´t know what to say!!! I spend so much time bearing my testimony and just trying to get people to be willing to listen to a short message that I hardly knew what to do when we actually found one of the Lord´s Elect. Hugo went to church on sunday and sat right night to me in all 3 meetings. Before he left, I asked him how he felt in the church and he told me he felt very comfortable and that he needed our help convincing his whole family to start going to church. It´s so cool to read about the promises we have as missionaries in Doctrine and Covenants and The Book of Mormon and then watch those promises be fulfilled again and again and again. I love D&C 4. I read it with my companion this morning and we both came to the conclusion that the field really is white and ready to harvest and we have been called to the work. We both got way stoked and we are going to continue finding amazing families in our area.
Oh yeah! Something I thought was way cool! In relief society, you guys learned about the spirit world, right? That´s what our ward learned about in relief society, too! The church is soooooooooo organized haha.
So we totally got to go to president´s house last monday and it was amazing! HE HAS CARPET!!!!! That was the first time I have seen carpet since I left the MTC. His wife didn´t make me cookies, but she made me a sandwich and brownies and chips and juice! IT WAS SO GOOD! It was so amazing that I took a picture before I ate it.
I can´t even believe that Jake is so close to getting his mission call! You guys have to send me at least 50 emails telling me where he is going, when he is going, what he will be speaking, who his president will be, and how he feels about his mission. It will be so interesting to have two missionaries out at the same time on opposite ends of the mission to be able to see more about the missionary life. I´m ridiculously stoked about all this haha.
Guess what! We are going bowling today and I can´t even stand it I´m so excited. I haven´t been bowling since I went with Rosie when we were like 10 years old hahahaha. But really, missionary work is the most satisfying thing I have ever done, so for me, it is the most satisfying thing that one can do. I have such a strong testimony of this church. Nobody and nothing could ever prove it false, and even if someone could, they would never be able to convince me against my own testimony. The book of mormon absolutely was written by prophets, and Joseph Smith translated it. He saw God, and Jesus Christ, and there is a living prophet today, and there always will be. I love you all so much. Thank you for all your support.
Elder Emett
P.s. I´m attaching two pictures. One picture is of me and Nestor and my companion, Elder Galarza. The other picture if of the lunch that Sister Blunck made me!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment