Tami
Ok, so I actually have things to say this week. First off, new companion!!! His name is Elder Charca and he is hilarious. He is ready to work and we are doing a lot. He is from Lake Titicaca. Literally. There are these tiny floating islands on lake titicaca and he lives there! How cool! This companion is a lot different than the other companions I have had. Elder Orellana was really really really smart. Elder Huaman was really really really trunky. Elder Charca is really really really......different than them. He has been in the mission 9 months and he is just a little stinker. I´m not very smart, we all know that. But Elder Charca was definitely blessed with different traits than ¨intelligence¨. To put it kinda bluntly, he is kinda slow. Everything he says is memorized haha. I love this guy to death. So this week has just been a little bit different. Usually the senior companion takes charge and does most of the contacting and leads the discussions and talks with the bishop, but Elder Charca is used to having someone else do that for him so that person is me now. I can´t even explain how much better my spanish has gotten this week. Haha I´m not trying to be prideful, but he just doesn´t do much cuz he just... he just can´t. I love working with him and we have had a great week, but I´m just learning how to do everything now and it´s crazy. I´ve started to think in spanish. I went to write in my journal one night and I just stared at the page for a minute and a half trying to remember english hahaha. So pretty much I have no idea what I´m doing and I´m learning more right now than I ever have in my whole life, it really is fun.
I´m going to answer ALL your questions now. Nothing is new in Peru, still big and smelly. I am healthy, happy, and working hard. I´m not even 1 percent homesick. I eat bread and hot chocolate every morning for breakfast. There are a few foods I have learned to love. Pollo a la brasa- like fried chicken with french fries and amazing sauce, and a couple different sodas and breads and cakes. Yeah, there are tons of different desserts here. Haha yeah, we made the brownies and the Peruvians loved them! Nobody has an oven here like we are used to. I haven´t seen one. We cooked our brownies in a ¨fire box¨. Somebody else does the laundry. We have lunch every single day at a different member´s house. My ipod has great music on it. We walk everywhere and ride in conveys. It´s not what you think. My knee is perfect and my shoes are just fine and they can re-sole them here. And yes, we just watch over one ward and it´s doing great. We still lack the calling of the lady who washes the tablecloths after funerals. I wonder what her official title is? You have to ask her for me. Maybe it´s like ¨compassionate service representative who specializes in the relief of the attendees of a funeral, specifically in maintaining the hygeine and well-being of the food services after the funeral service, specifically focused on the condition of the tablecloths.¨ Something like that.
Soccer sounds super exciting right now!!!!! Wow. I´m glad ben didn´t tear his knee as much as Josh and I did. Give him more time, you have to turn really really hard without thinking and then he will get a good tear like his brothers. I, personally, don´t believe that kyle is the leading scorer, but I kinda believe it. That rocks. Soccer is awesome. Sooo, listen! I need you to do me a major favor! I got this huge package from jessica full of candies and chips and cereal! I need you to find her and thank her for me!!! Wow, this package is so amazing I just don´t even know how to tell her thank you so maybe you can for me haha. I´m sending a package to the house next week! It will have different letters for you all and my friends and a big photo of me and a small box thing of peru candy and a soccer jersey for ben. I will send it in like 7 days so maybe it will arrive there in like 4 months, idk. Also tell Jessica thank you thank you thank you for the music! It´s so nice to have good music to listen to in my free time. Tell zac happy birthday haha. And and and ok, so I have two friends here from the ward who are going to add you as a friend on facebook so that you can share photos and videos. They have different videos of us making lunch and cool things like that so when some spanish kids send you a friend request, accept it! They don´t speak any English so you can just use google translate to get the jist of what they are saying haha. Cool huh!!!?? Anyways, there is a new rule in the mission that says I can send you 3 photos every week via email so I´m gonna try to figure out how to get that done right now. I love you all, I hope you have a good week.
Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment