Hey Family!!
I am having the time of my life here! The MTC is so much better than I expected it to be. Everyone here is nice and full of the spirit. The spirit of all the meetings is so strong it's hard to sit still. After you dropped me off I went and got all my new spanish books and meal card and stuff then went to my dorm for a few minutes to put stuff away. Immediately after that, I was in our designated classroom (barely big enough for fifteen people) and started studying spanish. The teachers are awesome! I met my companion as soon as he showed up. His name is Elder Norman. He is from Eagle Mountain, Utah. 5'10. Skinny. Very easy to get along with, and he knows why he is here. No one ever told me this, so I will tell you in case you don't know. The MTC is organized by districts and zones. My district includes ten (now nine, one Elder went home the 2nd day) Elders who all got here the same day as me, all called to serve in the Lima, Peru mission. All nine will be leaving the Provo MTC on November 3rd, just like me. Our zone consists of 3 different districts I think. Everyone in the zone is going to a spanish speaking mission. Half of them leave tomorow and turn us into one of the smallest zones in the MTC. Of everyone in my district 3 of us are going to the North mission - Elder Franks, Elder Hendricks, and I. Three to the west mission- Elder Rowley, Elder Kennington, and Elder McQuoid, and three to the central mission- Elder Lieshman, Elder Telaroli, and my companero Elder Norman. The food here isn't terrible, but I don't like it. A lot of Elders get sick here and I blame it on the food. Sorry it just sounds like I'm rambling on but I have so much to say and only fifteen minutes left of computer time for another week. My schedule is starting to become a routine. I wake up, pray, shower, get dressed, go to the classroom for personal study, breakfast, back to the classroom to hear from a spanish teacher, lunch, back to the classroom for four hours of personal, companion, and language study, dinner, back to the classroom for three or so hours of lectures from a spanish teacher, mostly talking in spanish, plan for the next day, back to the dorms, write in my journal, pray, sleep, repeat. It sounds so boring, but it's so excellent! I was called to be the district leader on the second day here. That means I conduct all the district meetings and I go to tons of meetings about leadership and stuff on sundays (without my companero). I personally interview all the senior companions every sunday, also. I love being the district leader! Mom- read D&C 84:80. This is going to sound so stupid coming from me, but SEND LETTERS! Letters are the missionaries source of fuel out here. The spirit provides the real energy, but the letters definitely have a boost effect so don't be scared to send me a little letter. I'm so sorry my p-day wasn't until today or I would have written you a lot sooner. I can only write letters on p-days (tuesdays here) and I will write you guys a letter with everything I forgot in this email. Tell the family I love them. It's kinda hard to see how much I care about you guys when you're right there, but it's so easy here. I pray for you in spanish every night haha. Tell Beckham happy birthday and tell Scoot I will be in Peru on his birthday. Tell Jake he would be the oldest looking kid here. I love you all. -Elder Emett
No comments:
Post a Comment